Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects?

cyclone
    already have my boat stripped and all the hardware at the chrome shop(polishing sux). gana regell it and try to get a unblown injected 468 on alcohol built if time and money permit..gana do a few bottom mods while she is fliped and possibly set a new intake as well and a few more mods to the pump....workin on makin some custom gell since i cant find metalic gell anywear..anyone have a recomendation? alredy tried crystaliner,valspar, and sherfab...
    4Q
    Call Dave @ Dave's Custom Boats. He's put metalflake gel on a few of his boat's lately and could direct you to a supplier.

I think the Ford design is lacking on the pin? Most put a hardened pin ion and maybe the next size up?
    Use the Spirol wound hardened pin that is used in the stock Ford distributors. Some aftermarket [Mallory] distributors use the cheap single wound mild steel pin and will shear. Do not drill to the next size, this will weaken the shaft. A little Lock-tite red on the gear/shaft will help too.

Squirtin Thunder
    Use the Spirol wound hardened pin that is used in the stock Ford distributors. Some aftermarket [Mallory] distributors use the cheap single wound mild steel pin and will shear. Do not drill to the next size, this will weaken the shaft. A little Lock-tite red on the gear/shaft will help too.
    Lock-tite 100,000 uses !!!!
    Jim

djdtpr
    Rebuild the bottom,reparque the floor and flow cote,cut the pod down and put a hat on the blower.Then get ready to head to the river and have fun.Maybe even head down to the river and work on the motorhome allitle.

cyclone
    Rebuild the bottom,reparque the floor and flow cote,cut the pod down and put a hat on the blower.Then get ready to head to the river and have fun.Maybe even head down to the river and work on the motorhome allitle.
    get to work homo! lol

djdtpr
    re- parque the floor? thats got to be a huge job huh? would you do this yourself?
    No the boat is at Tom Papps right now getting done.Ill build motors all day long.I dont mess with that stuff i want it done rite the first time.Plus i want it to turn out looking good also.

djdtpr
    get to work homo! lol
    I am but dont tell anyone!I liked the pic you posted of the team that was great.

Squirtin Thunder
    Danny did you get the scoop cover ???
    Jim

ST, hope you're feeling better. Flows from Davis are up this week to about the same levels as a month ago. Still trying to figure out a weekend to head back out. Won't be bringing the boat ('cuz I broke it), but we'll be bringing the dirt bikes.
    Hit the water if you can!

Jake W2
    Mike ,They told me if you put flake in the gel it tends to not show up to good?I guess you could use a translucent color with flake in it but there will need to be a base color under it.Do you know what brand it is?
    Jake

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast