Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects?

Jake W2
    Todd that is the same method I was talking about just backwards because it is in the mold.
    Thats why the flake looks blue because it is and it is layed to the clear then backed with a blue color or what ever color you want.
    Gel is not as translucent as paint so when you put flake in it it will not shimmer as much as a paint will.
    YA MEAN ?
    You can get the big bass boat flake or smaller flake and you can get it in silver, blue,orange, green ect but all flake was layed befor the color went on back in the day.
    That is why if you look supper close you might see a few flakes that are a diffrent color mixed in BECAUSE THE BASE COLOR DOES NOT GIVE THE FLAKE COLOR it is made a color.
    Any way if you guys find a gell with flake mixed in it like paint it would be cool to know more about it.
    Jake

FOURQ
    todd i got a dry flake product and added it to the clear gell but its to translucent so im thinking spray a base of blue then do the dry blue flake in clear and after all is done follow up with a clear over the whole thing..
    corlish i have done what you are talking about ..i havent done much with it as an exteriour but i have used it in a mold and it seems to work well, I have been told that it will last as long as the rest of the gells out there..
    4Q

[QUOTE=FOURQ]todd i got a dry flake product and added it to the clear gell but its to translucent so im thinking spray a base of blue then do the dry blue flake in clear and after all is done follow up with a clear over the whole thing..
    are you talking about gel in the mold or out of...

FOURQ
    are you talking about gel in the mold or out of...
    out of the mold but i have been playin with the mix both ways
    4Q

Squirtin Thunder
    My project will be to take this Competitive trailer, put a pivot hith on it, have it painted red.
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos1011/2...0203_0_ALB.jpg
    And put it under my Bahner.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...eady-thumb.jpg
    I will try to improve my setup, with a backcut shoe, and with any luck, some new carbs.
    I'm taking votes should I put the red plexiglas splash guard back on? The boat dosen't have much freeboard,so it could benifit from it, but it seems like the splash guard would make it hard to work on the boat.
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos999/2/...0203_0_ALB.jpg
    I know a guy with an engine that will boost your performance. I bet he would trade engines plus cash ?????
    Jim

Squirtin Thunder
    ST, hope you're feeling better. Flows from Davis are up this week to about the same levels as a month ago. Still trying to figure out a weekend to head back out. Won't be bringing the boat ('cuz I broke it), but we'll be bringing the dirt bikes.
    Hit the water if you can!
    Thats OK because mine should be done very soon !!!! :idea:
    All I can say is this shit sucks !!! The drooooooling is getting real old and I sound like I have marbles in my mouth. It is hard to work because of my eye. I think I am more worried about that than anything. It does not close at all. I have to tape it closed at night and put drops in all the time. Also I am a bit scared to drive, its like I am drunk with out the liquid curage. :idea:
    Jim

Jake W2
    Jim one of my good friends had that for about a month or 2 he was told it was from sleeping with a fan on pointed at his face.The constant stimulation had something to do with it.
    When he came over one day I thought he was f u c king around with me,that is some weird shit.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake,
    So your saying celling fan may have something to do with it ??? :idea:
    That is a new one but I have no real idea how or way so I am open to recomondations.
    Jim

Jake W2
    No he had a box fan so now he points it away.Thats is just what he was told ,hell I don't know.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    No he had a box fan so now he points it away.Thats is just what he was told ,hell I don't know.
    Jake
    Come on your suposed to know :cry:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast