Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tunnel ram / carbs tuning?

jwbbuck
    Will someone please help me convince myself that I can get a tunnel ram / dual carb combo running properly on my BBC? I haven't been able to make myself order it cause I'm afraid that I'll be pulling it apart every weekend to try to find the right tuning setup. I've only got a mild BBC: 460, oval port, 240/246 @ .050, 10.5:1cr. Do you think I can make it work with set of 450 or 600 vacuum secondaries? I will not spend the money on a pair of 660 center squirters.

hawaiian21
    email the tech people at holley they will be able to walk you throught setting up the carbs for a tunnel ram

jstwkd
    jwbbuck,It should'nt be that hard to make work.Do you headers or logs?I have a set of holley 450s,flame arrestors,scoop,fuel y block,and linkage.carbs wrwe just rebiult have about an hour on them.ready to drop on.

jwbbuck
    JSTWKD,
    I've got O/T Rewarders. I wrote you an email about your carb and scoop. Send some pictures if you've got 'em.
    BUCK

jstwkd
    I dont have actuall pics yet but I will soon.This is what they look like.The carbs are plumbed with russel fittnigs and a y block with mount.Everything is in pretty good shape. http://www.dooleyenterprises.com/pag...9776_large.jpg

Hotcrusader76
    Hey bro,
    Just my 2 cents...I run a BBC with 'EDELBROCK' tunnel ram and 660 center squirters at 8-9lbs pressure, Mallory fuel set-up. It starts on first turn and runs all day long. Not much mid-range cruising since they don't have power valves but the set-up has run for me flawlessly. Yes those 660's are hefty on the pocket, but if you look through Ebay's auctions you can score a pair for under $400 easily. All they will need is a rebuild. If you need a rebuild/mods performed on those or any carb, I can help you out. Just email me TPCRACING76@hotmail.com
    [This message has been edited by Hotcrusader76 (edited April 03, 2002).]

HBjet
    I'm running a weiand tunnel ram, pair of Holley 450's tricked by DNE on a BBC .30 over with a mild cam and oval port heads. My max RPM is 5100 and the current max speed is 71+ (I had it radared at 71 before the carb work, so I won't say any higher)
    Once I had the carbs worked, and dialed in together (it is very important that both carbs do the same thing at the same time) I've never had any problems, Ever! Make sure the secondaries actually open all the way, and also make sure everything opens all the way when your peddle is at WOT. I will email anyone photo's of my setup if they like.
    HBjet

FoMoCo
    I just went through a big deal with carb sizes and tunning on my BBF 429. I started with 2 600 vac sec Holleys that ran perfect but only pulled the motor to 5K rpms, and did not have much top end or mid range. SO I called the pump master MPD and said why? He said he runs 2 750 dp Holleys on everything, so I took his advice and Whamm just like that it was a new boat!!! 5500 rpm's and a best of 76 mph on the Gps( No diverter or droop yet). I barley touched the carbs, I just adjusted the float levels and jetted it down a couple of sizes and ran PERFECT ever since! Don't sell out short go with the 750 dp's!!!! Just my experience!!

HBjet, I would like you to email me a picture of your "setup". Please hurry!!!!!!!!

HBjet
    Originally posted by Jetboatguru:
    HBjet, I would like you to email me a picture of your "setup". Please hurry!!!!!!!!
    Sure thing, can I also send you a photo of my intake and shoe setup as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast