Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INJECTED HEADERS = BROKEN EX. VALVES?

mister460
    Twister, I'm guessing that you went up in elevation. In that case your engine would actually run richer. But if you were going down, 1000 feet wouldn't be enough to lean it out to a dangerous level. Probably wouldn't even notice much difference in perf. Everyone else is right though, iconel valves are pretty sweet. Expensive but they last. Just remember never to use bronze valve guides. They wear valves out very quickly unless you have valves with nitrided stems. But to be safe I'd run just enough water to keep the Sheriffs off your tail. I'd also double check everything else before I dropped 700 bucks for a set of valves. Do you have the heads off right now?

TTYTWSTR19
    MISTER460,
    UPON DISASSEMBLY OF THE MOTOR, I FOUND THAT THE EXHAUST VALVE BANGED THE HECK OUT OF THE HEAD, CHOSE A PRETTY QUICK PATH THRU ITS CYLINDER'S KIETH BLACK PISTON, AND DEPOSITED ITSELF NEATLY IN THE OILPAN WITH THE GRENADED PISTON. THE CYLINDER WALL IS CRACKED.
    GAME OVER.
    THE NEW MOTOR I AM BUILDING WILL HAVE INCO VALVES - I AM THINKING ABOUT PLUGGING THE INLETS FOR THE H20 INJECTION BY THE HEAD AND RELOCATING THEM UP PAST THE COLLECTOR TO GIVE THE ILLUSION OF WET EXHAUST.?
    JON

superdave013
    TTYTWATR19, That's what i did too. Your headers also have holes on the bottom for water to come out before it gets in the heads. You might want to drill them out a little bigger. I drilled mine out allot bigger. I sitll say I would rather run them dry with mufflers. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12