Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paid Holidays

surfer2001
    How many paid holidays does your company give? We only get the 6 National, I'm pissed.

BarryMac
    I believe we get 12 a year...

dicudmore
    How many paid holidays does your company give? We only get the 6 National, I'm pissed.
    prob same 6. New years day, memorial, 4th july, labor day, thanksgiving and christmas...
    Oh, and I'm commission, those days are UNPAID :squiggle:

voodoomedman
    You don't want to know. You'd hate me.

Havasu_Dreamin
    We get 11 holidays and one floater personal holiday to use whenever we want so a total of 12. Incidentally, if you do not use the personal holiday the hours are rolled into your vacation balance as a use it or lose it policy is illegal in CA.

MsDrmr
    I work on commission, so the answer is no...I get paid based only on what I make

Goldilocks
    I get 8. The normal 6 and the day after Thanksgiving and also Christmas Eve.

surfer2001
    I'm taking this to the ownershit, opps ownership

MRS FLYIN VEE
    all major holidays we get triple time.. and thats about it.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Oh and regarding Vac and Sick, whatever you don't use by the end of the calendar year, your F***ed. You don't get to use those days EVER. What a way to make sure your employees want to work and not have to take sick time. I have never used sick time in my life and now I am forced to take it or lose it. Anytime I left a job I would get a nice check with my accrued sick time. That's a bunch of bull!!!
    Can you tell I love my job....
    You are correct with respect to sick leave. A company can grant you any amount of sick leave and then at the end of the year take away what you did not use. However, with vacaton that practice is illegal, at least in CA. In CA, if you are granted 10 days of vacation per year for example, at the end of the year whatever of those 10 days, even partial days, that are left over either need to be paid to you in lieu of the time being taken off or it is rolled into your next years vacation balance.
    I'll try and find out if AZ is the same, but I doubt it since CA is a very employee friendly state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast