Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you know about dual jet drives?

SPECTRA77
    I have read that a dual jet drive with the sam horsepower can be as fast a
    V-Drive wih the same horsepower.
    Do any of you have any boats with dual jet drives?

Squirtin Thunder
    No but a Mako Shark can swim at 45mph !!!

YeLLowBoaT
    I personally don't own one, but a friend of mine ownz a seadoo with 2 120s *( basicly 120 hp merc 2 cycle outbord power heads)in it. Its a blast to drive with the 2 jet pumps you can make it go in almost any direction. even diagonally. you can alos trun the boat 180 in the length of the boat. Now the the bad news they are 23k, have twice as many things to go wrong, drink gas( 15 gals a hr pulling a skier and 22 gals at wot),and its not very fast ( 60 with no gas and 1 person if you lucky). If your looking for a jetski on roids that you can take 4 ppl in. its the boat for you.
    I wouldn't know in the case of a bb hooked up to 2 jet drives. I would doubt that if you could rig it up some how that you would faster then a v drive.
    With any drive moving more water does not mean you go faster.

QuickJet
    So that's what it takes to make a jet as fast as a V-drive........twin jets!!! :yuk:
    Ha ha ha.....I am sooooooo kidding. No need to start a war. Just playin'...couldn't resist.

Squirtin Thunder
    So that's what it takes to make a jet as fast as a V-drive........twin jets!!! :yuk:
    Ha ha ha.....I am sooooooo kidding. No need to start a war. Just playin'...couldn't resist.
    Nope !!! You started it !!! Its on !!! I sent a message to the Duel Jet guy himself to see what he has to say on this matter.

Froggystyle
    Faster is relative. I think that the application that a dual drive is best suited for is a larger boat you want to run jet drives in and keep high performance. I have no doubt that in a smaller boat, dual drives will hand a V-Drive it's lunch given the same power and hull type off the line, but you can do that with a single jet in a smaller boat. I did.
    With taller gearing and a big prop, I don't see how that same jet could keep with the V-Drive on top end though. In the lower end it would ferociously dominate, but the upper end might be a stretch.
    I don't know for sure. All I know is if I had a V-drive in the Revolution, the dual drives would eat it for lunch. No question.

Squirtin Thunder
    With that being said what would be the starting point (size or length) to install the duel jet drive system ???

Froggystyle
    With that being said what would be the starting point (size or length) to install the duel jet drive system ???
    I was going to put on in my heavy ass 21 for sure. The very tricked out jet on there was no match for the boat weight and big power. I could just boil the jet anytime I mashed it off idle, or even pulling skiiers. I would say the starting point would be anyone with an applicable hull design who is having size related problems with their current single jet, or just wants a ton more accelleration and top end.

Squirtin Thunder
    I was going to put on in my heavy ass 21 for sure. The very tricked out jet on there was no match for the boat weight and big power. I could just boil the jet anytime I mashed it off idle, or even pulling skiiers. I would say the starting point would be anyone with an applicable hull design who is having size related problems with their current single jet, or just wants a ton more accelleration and top end.
    With that said I will have to call you Monday.
    Where can we get the duel jet drives ???
    I can't remember if yours is a single or duel intake, is it avalable to the general public yet ???

flat broke
    If memory serves me correctly Harold Bruce at R&D is who you would talk to about getting a setup. The intake is one big intake with 2 mounting pads for suction housings. You will also need the gear box they provide to spin both pumps off one engine.
    Chris

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast