Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Business Owners

Havasu Luvr
    What agency/law firm do you use for collections? I've got a dead beat OEM with 2 outstanding invoices.
    Any info would be appreciated

OGShocker
    Pretty good group (http://www.newton-associates.com/) I have used in the past. Stay on them. They'll cost you 25% so be aware of that before you sign on...

Havasu Luvr
    Pretty good group (http://www.newton-associates.com/) I have used in the past. Stay on them. They'll cost you 25% so be aware of that before you sign on...
    Thanks, that seems to be the going rate. I'll look into it.

al cole'holic
    What agency/law firm do you use for collections? I've got a dead beat OEM with 2 outstanding invoices.
    ....if you have an attorney I would suggest having them start off with writing some letters.

Dawn Patrol
    Send the deadbeat a payment demand letter (certified),
    Then take em to court. I done this twice, and it worked Great.

nodigg
    If under $5k, use small clamis and do it yourself. Piece of cake. The main thing is not to wait too long or they may be out of business. If they are not going anywhere, collection agencies cost an arm and a leg and don't do anything you can't do yourself. Make the calls, serve them and take them to court. The courts are very friendly to business owners attempting to collect on a debt. That way you can also collect for costs insted of paying an agency a piece of your profits. Just another way to think about it. Best of luck.

Havasu Luvr
    If under $5k, use small clamis and do it yourself. Piece of cake. The main thing is not to wait too long or they may be out of business. If they are not going anywhere, collection agencies cost an arm and a leg and don't do anything you can't do yourself. Make the calls, serve them and take them to court. The courts are very friendly to business owners attempting to collect on a debt. That way you can also collect for costs insted of paying an agency a piece of your profits. Just another way to think about it. Best of luck.
    Hey Rick,
    I wish I could. This OEM will be around for awhile. They mfg refer control units for a major transport company. Small claims is out of the question since both invoices total over 14K.

nodigg
    HL, is the debt for transportation?

Havasu Luvr
    HL, is the debt for transportation?
    No, wholesale items for mfg finished product

nodigg
    Now if you wanted to, you CAN file up to two? 5k plus costs claims in a year. This way you can get their attention. Usually, they will pay before going to court if they are a ligitimate company. If you hire an attorney, his costs will be added to what they owe you AND you will get it all instead of 25% discounted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast