Thread: No More Floor

Licketty Split
    I'm in the middle of ripping out my old floor to make room for some new stringers. does any body know any tricks for matting them to the hull with as little risk of distortion to the bottom as possible? Any tips and tricks are welcome advice.

call havasu barney or slick

ratso
    If your stringers are already shot, the hull probably is off from what it originally was. I would take the boat off the trailer and "true up" the hull with blocks and 2x4's so the boat doesn't end up with a twist in it or a bad rocker or hook. You may need some assistance with a project of this magnitude. Call Havasu Barney or you can e-mail me for farther assistance. Good luck.

Slick
    I can't help you on the stringers as mine were luckily in good shape. Any questions on removing the floor or reinstalling, cutting, fitting, etc. email me you're phone # and I'd be glad to tell you my tails of woe.

Hallett19
    Slick, hey, I am planning to redo my wood floors and putting the nice carpet (hahaa, I cant wait). But I also want to hollow out the deck, I have a board that covers the cavern of the deck (I forgot the name) right in front of the pedal, and frankly don't like it so I want to take it out, so what should I expect to see under there ? foam and shit? I want to carpet under there, even the under side of the deck, do dynomat, for that clear nice bass, and make it look real good. maybe I can barter your help for some beer and girls and money and some gold dabloons (or just beer and money) when it comes time to do it, and I'm feelin' it soon.

77charger
    hallet that is called a bulkhead. and i would leave it there.It probably supports the deck.Taking it out might weaken it.

ratso
    Hallett: You don't want to remove that bulkhead, it's probably for support. You could cut a square section out of ot though for access and have a curtain made to cover the hole. At least you could use it to store jackets or other misc. items.

Slick
    Hallet,
    That would have to be one helluva trade to get me out to CA to work on your boat. I'm in AZ and still need to finish my POS. Email you're # to me and I'll help in any way I can.
    Slick
    Keep in mind, I'm no pro or anything.