Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford 460 Oil Filter Relocation..

WriedtStuff
    The short filter I had on it was a Serria.....the wierd thing was when I took it off it was abnormally heavy.....I fullly expected to find it full of metal.....but it was oil/gas trapped in it....this fluid would not come out till I cut it open....is that normal?

hack job
    here is how i did mine in the old boat
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CN2080-med.JPG
    except for the filter was mounted to the back of the seats.
    my pieces are form earls they are billet ( i had the cheep cast ones and they broke) i know that they cost a bit more but in my mind were well worth every penny. i also know the part that lakes is talking about but i do not know the number on it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CN2643-med.JPG
    and one of my spectra a long time ago
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C00539-med.JPG
    hope this helps :wink:

LakesOnly
    Found it...
    Ford Racing Performance Parts p/n M-6880-A50.
    http://www.fordracingparts.com/image...m-6880-a50.jpg
    M-6880-A50
    Screws into block and rotates filter toward front of engine to provide clearance for engine swaps and chassis modifications.
    Fits most Ford engines that use Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter.
    Dimensions: 4.50H x 4.13W x 4.13D
    Weight: 1.50#
    Catalog Page: 103
    Instruction Sheet: N/A
    Suggested Retail: $54.95
    If in fact this adaptor was the reason for Blown's oil starvation, then perhaps an inspection and/or portwork is necessary prior to installation. I know guys with dragboats that run these things, including a world record holder, without trouble.
    LO

Squirtin Thunder
    Found it...
    Ford Racing Performance Parts p/n M-6880-A50.
    http://www.fordracingparts.com/image...m-6880-a50.jpg
    M-6880-A50
    Screws into block and rotates filter toward front of engine to provide clearance for engine swaps and chassis modifications.
    Fits most Ford engines that use Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter.
    Dimensions: 4.50H x 4.13W x 4.13D
    Weight: 1.50#
    Catalog Page: 103
    Instruction Sheet: N/A
    Suggested Retail: $54.95
    If in fact this adaptor was the reason for Blown's oil starvation, then perhaps an inspection and/or portwork is necessary prior to installation. I know guys with dragboats that run these things, including a world record holder, without trouble.
    LO
    Paul,
    I run one on my Desert Race truck engine with the Hayden Sandwich to the coolers. I had to clean up the castings on both to ensure proper oil flow. But like I have stated before no loss in presur with the 20' of line and cooler.
    Jim

WriedtStuff
    Paul,
    If this device rotates the filter towards the front of the engine...then I will surely not have room for it....my fuel pump is right in front of the oil filter...and the rail may still be to close for this to fit...
    I will try and post a picture later today so you can see what I mean.

hack job
    you could point it backwards as well

Moneypitt
    Just an additional note: If you measure the length of the hoses you'll need you can look in the Omega power steering catalog (or others) and find pre made, high pressure, oil type hoses. They have fittings on each end and are rated for very high pressure. They will make the instalation neat and clean, as they usually are tailored with a 90* bend on the tubing leading to the fittings.........its simple to adapt the inverted flare fittings to the NPT threads in the adaptors.............MP

WriedtStuff
    MP,
    I have serveral #10 aeroquip braided lines with AN fittings on them...I was going to use them if I decided to remote the filter....any reason why I could not use them?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I bought the kit from Jegs and I chose the dual filter with Chevy thread pattern on the filter mount. ACdelco makes a 2 quart filter for the diesels than spin right on. I mounted mine on the transom for easy access. Oreilly's by my house is able to make up hydraulic hoses with crimped ends. this is the route I went and I fully expecet the hoses to hold up from now on. It also added 4 quarts of oil capacity to my system which is always good. Wix and other manufacturers make the filter I use as well. I don't remember the number off the top of my head but if you go to any auto supply store they should know the one you are talking about.
    Omega

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12