Thread: Final Victim From Topock Crash Found

Boatcop
    Today's Havasu News
    Body in lake is the final Topock victim
    By Gary Weiand
    Tuesday, November 16, 2004 9:45 PM MST
    More than two months of mystery ended Tuesday afternoon with the recovery of a body from Lake Havasu.
    Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino, Calif., Sheriff's Department confirmed that a highly decomposed body found floating 15 miles south of Topock Gorge, near Catfish Cove, belonged to Dale Baldwin, 34, of Huntington, Calif. The SBCSD had listed him as missing person since a Labor Day weekend boating accident.
    Baldwin went missing Sunday, Sept. 5, following an early morning crash north of Topock Gorge, when the boat in which he was a passenger struck the cement support of a train bridge over the Colorado River at Interstate 40. Three bodies were pulled from the water, and though Baldwin's was not one of them, he has been presumed dead ever since.
    Smith said the body was brought ashore near the mouth of Lake Havasu, after an unidentified phone call alerted the Mohave County Sheriff's Department to a body floating in the current. They in turn called the SBCSD, which recovered the body, he said.

FRENCHIE
    thanx for the update bc!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    What has happend to the driver of the boat and the other victims of the crash. Have not herd anything up here.
    Jim

KACHINA KEN
    It was a strange feeling to know I drove past/over this man on Labor Day morning, I am happy that the family has the body back and they can put him to rest properly now. Clousure is a good thing.

Mrs. casean
    I am sure this gives some closure to the family and friends, although nothing anyone should ever experience... but be a relief in a sense... sooooo awful for everyone involved. Thank for the info Alan!

GHTRIM
    Thanks for the info. BC, we feel for his family and friend :frown: . It is amazing he was found 15 miles down river

ACCEPTENCE
    That was certainly a tough day. One you don't like to ponder the details of.
    That deal was just tragic all the way around. Glad to hear the last victim has been recovered.
    Thanks for the update.

MsDrmr
    I can't imagine how the family feels, always wondering what happend to th body, but going through the grieving process, finally coming to peace, then having the body found (which is a good thing) I am sure brings a new phase of greiving for them...
    My payers and blessing to those effected by this devistating experience..

91nordic29
    Thank you for the update. This incident has been weighing heavy on my heart and mind for too long.
    me, too. :frown:

steelcomp
    Again, condolences to all involved. Hopefully this will bring this chapter to a close, and give his family the chance to put the "not knowing" behind them. This has to have been torture for them untill now. Thank God for finally finding him. :chi:
    Prayers and best wishes.
    steel