to the rusting problem was to make "Brass Monkeys." Few landlubbers
    realize that brass contracts much more and much faster than iron when
    chilled. Consequently, when the temperature dropped too far, the brass
    indentations would shrink so much that the iron cannon balls would come
    right off the monkey.
    Thus, it was quite literally, "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a
    brass monkey

upsman105
    Okay now I know how to protect my balls, keep them away from brass. What can you do about the shrinkage in water thing??

Kachina26

hoolign
    Nice story, but CRAPOLA! (http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/brass.htm)
    well It sure sounded good
    next I was gonna post the introduction of the word "shit'"

Kachina26
    well It sure sounded good
    next I was gonna post the introduction of the word "shit'"
    Ship
    High
    In
    Transit
    another good story.............snopes (http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/shit.asp)

Kachina26
    Did you know? . . .
    In ancient England single people could not have sex unless they had consent of the king. When people wanted to have a baby, they had to get the consent of the king, and the king gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F. U. C. K. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Hence that's where the word **** came from. Now, aren't you glad you learned something new today?

Misogynist
    Did I ever tell you guys the story about my choking Doberman?.......... :hammerhea

Kachina26
    Did I ever tell you guys the story about my choking Doberman?.......... :hammerhea
    This one?
    A woman returned from work and found her large dog, a Doberman, lying on the floor gasping for air. Concerned over the animal's welfare, she immediately loaded the pet into her car and drove him to a veterinarian.
    The vet examined the dog but finding no reason for his breathing difficulties, announced that he'd have to perform a tracheotomy and insert tubes down the animal's throat so he could breathe. He explained that it wasn't anything she'd want to watch and urged the woman to go home and leave the Doberman there overnight.
    When the woman returned home, the phone was ringing off the hook. She answered it, and was surprised to discover it was the vet. Even more surprising was his message -- "Get out of the house immediately! Go to the neighbor's and call the police!"
    It seems that when the vet performed the operation, he found a very grisly reason for the dog's breathing difficulty -- three human fingers were lodged in its throat. Concerned that the person belonging to the dismembered fingers might still be in the house, he phoned to warn the woman.
    According to the story, police arrived at her house and found an unconscious intruder, sans fingers, lying in a closet.
    New Times learned of the story from an employee of a large industrial plant in the Valley. He said he had gotten the story third hand from another employee who in turn had heard it from a woman whose relatives in Las Vegas knew the dog's owner. As of Friday, New Times was not able to nail down the identity of the Doberman's mistress.
    According to a spokesman at the Las Vegas Sun, that paper, too, was very interested in breaking the story. Unfortunately, even though the story was all over Vegas last Thursday, the paper -- and police -- weren't able to dig up one shred of evidence to prove the incident ever occurred. "The police are baffled," the Sun spokesman said.

upsman105
    I think that one has been around for a while.

Outnumbered
    Did you know? . . .
    In ancient England single people could not have sex unless they had consent of the king. When people wanted to have a baby, they had to get the consent of the king, and the king gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F. U. C. K. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Hence that's where the word **** came from. Now, aren't you glad you learned something new today?
    This one is urban legend too....
    http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/****.htm
    you will have to type in the F word where **** shows up in your browser to make the link work :frown:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast