Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: manley rods

Infomaniac
    what size engine would that give me and what comp.? could i use a strocker crank with them?
    pat(slotracer) :idea:
    Most stroker cranks require a .250 long rod. Counterwieghts will not clear the pistons.
    I can fix you up with some Callies rods if you don't trust Eagles. They arent cheap but not real expensive. About 520.00 and come with ARP 2000 bolts.

got a p.m. from fiat48 and he said no manleys either so i guess no go on the rods. what length rods are the callies?
    pat(slotracer) :boxed:

steelcomp
    i am hoping to be around the 700-750h.p. range when done.
    pat(slotracer) :rollside:The Eagles are fine at that power, even with the 8740 bolt.
    Most stroker cranks require a .250 long rod. Counterwieghts will not clear the pistonsIt also helps retain the stock rod/stroke ratio which is already pretty low with the BB Chev...you sure don't want to go any lower.
    Ron, do you know who makes the Callies rods? Are they American? They're nice rods, and a decent price. The bolt upgrade alone is worth $100+.

Infomaniac
    got a p.m. from fiat48 and he said no manleys either so i guess no go on the rods. what length rods are the callies?
    They are brand new so whatever length you want.

÷קmᮆښ×÷

ok looks like the noise :argue: that i made yesterday worked . got a e-mail they are shipping them on 2 day ups. from another warehouse dirict to me.

THE CABLE GUY
    WHAT????????...THERE AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH MANLEY STEEL RODS.......I GOT A CANYON FLAT THAT TURNS 8500 RPMS EVERYTIME WITH...HAD ZERO PROBLEMS WITH THEM...IF THEY ARE MACHINED RIGHT...

THE CABLE GUY
    Slot Racer...after Reading The Posts You Make And Asking The Questions You Do./....have You Ever Thought Of Buying A Crate Motor...turn Key??

Fiat48
    WHAT????????...THERE AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH MANLEY STEEL RODS.......I GOT A CANYON FLAT THAT TURNS 8500 RPMS EVERYTIME WITH...HAD ZERO PROBLEMS WITH THEM...IF THEY ARE MACHINED RIGHT...
    O.k. That is why I sent him a pm. So as not to upset the world about Manley's steel rods. Truth of the matter is that I have seen many broken in 1/2. Maybe they had a material or forging problem...maybe that is over with....don't know but I could not see slotracer taking a chance on something that I knew had failed others.

fiat sorry about that but out of all the people on this board you are one of the only ones that have answered my questions about what i have in mind about doing with my boat. seems like no matter what someone somewhere is not happy about one thing or another but they all get over it. as far as buying a crate engine what fun would that be, i like to see what i can build and see how long it last. if you build it right you have no problems with it. people who know me know that i just love to build anything that goes. i like to ask questions and see what answers i get. there are alot of people on this board but very few that i do listen to. i have been gathering parts for this engine for about 11/2 years now. its all about save some money and get the right parts and not whipping out the old credit card and just buying someone else's work. before i bought my cole i posted about it because it was my first v-drive boat and i wanted to make sure it would be right for me. i like to thank those that have help me with it. no names mentioned but they know who they are. thanks again
    pat(slotracer) :rollside:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast