Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Democrats just don't get it.

Seadog
    I am getting tired of the political cartoons that are associating the Ukraine election fraud with the presidential elections in the U.S., the endless complaints in letters to the editors that complain that ignorant religeous freaks have stolen the liberal left's right to have their candidate in office. The left wingers have even got so bad as to wanting to ban the Boy Scouts from school in Portland, OR. Now this:
    AA city councilman in Lancaster County, Pa., wants a local merchant to remove a photo of George W. Bush from a stall in a local market because the image is offensive to local Democrats, reports the Lancaster New Era.
    David Stoltzfus has had the presidentÂ’s image hanging in his Central Market baked-goods stand for a couple years now. He says it is there to honor the office of president.
    But City Councilman Nelson Polite wants the picture down. He says political paraphernalia has no business on public property. Besides, says the Democrat: "Bush didnÂ’t win here [in Lancaster City]. It is like rubbing salt on a wound."
    Because Stoltzfus has so far refused to take down the image, Polite says he will ask the city council to change the law so that all political items would be banned in public places.

spectratoad
    Let's see. This is my market and I want to hang a pic of the prez up but someone is offended so now he is going to change the law. Isn't there some sort of Constitutional thing here. It is public property but it is my store. I can hang a picture if I want but if I offend enough people they won't come in and I will lose money.
    Since the picture has been hanging for several years it would seem to me that not alot of people are offended or probably most just shrug it off and buy their goods.
    Why is there always one prick that thinks his thoughts or feelings should represent all.
    Oh wait that is how I am too. :supp:

572Daytona
    I don't see how a picture of a president is political in any way unless it is some sort of campaign poster. I would consider it patriotic such as having a US flag in the store. I'm guessing if they pass that law he won't be able to have any currency change hands in the store either since it has pictures of presidents on it and could be construed to be political by the same measure. What a bunch of morons.

spectratoad
    Here is a link to the story.
    picture story (http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/10147)

I wonder if it would still be the same if it were a picture of Clinton?

Forkin' Crazy
    I wonder if it would still be the same if it were a picture of Clinton?
    That was my thought. I had to look at Clinton's ugly mug every time I walked in to the Farm Service Agency for 8 years. I guess I should have made a formal complaint...
    Don't the Dems have something else to do? Like counting the Ohio votes again? :jawdrop:
    LOL! :hammer2:

Seadog
    I'm expecting the dumocrats to propose a bill in Congress that posting the picture of the president in government buildings is not allowed if he is a Republican.

HM
    Hatred....the most powerful tool of the democrats.

Forkin' Crazy
    Hatred....the most powerful tool of the democrats.
    It really goes deeper than that.... Jealousy
    Jealousy:
    n 1: a feeling of jealous envy (especially of a rival) [syn: green-eyed monster] 2: zealous vigilance; "cherish their official political freedom with fierce jealousy"-Paul Blanshard

HM
    It really goes deeper than that.... Jealousy
    Jealousy:
    n 1: a feeling of jealous envy (especially of a rival) [syn: green-eyed monster] 2: zealous vigilance; "cherish their official political freedom with fierce jealousy"-Paul Blanshard
    basically, the dems have cornered the market on creating negative emotional irrational thinking for supporting them? :hammerhea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast