Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which impeller to go with??

wet77
    I am building a 540 for my 21' eliminator jet and need to know which impeller to go with?
    I have a JG pump with ride plate, shoe and new type diverter with 4 degree wedge.
    The motor my engine guy estimates will (reasonably) produce 650+ HP
    I do like to pull tubers and skiers but wish some day to break into the 100mph range at least once.
    I was thinking an Agressor A/B cut Tinz alloy type impeller??
    Bronze??
    Stainless???
    Anyone else with a daytona jet have a idea??
    Hammerdown?
    Timinator??

Duane HTP
    If you want to pull tubbers, run an Aggressor AA bronze. If you want speed, run an Aggressor A bronze if it's blown. If it's normally aspirated, run an Aggressor B bronze.

77charger
    bronze will e fine.manufacturer well instead of open a can of snakes pick whatever you want.

572Daytona
    Find out from your engine builder at what rpm he expects to make the HP and that will help you decide what size impeller. I have a 21 Daytona making similar HP and I run an American Turbine AA impeller. The 21 is a heavy boat and a big impeller helps reduce the cavitation.

revndave
    I run an A Aggressor impeller.21 TPR with blower motor.It's a bronze one

HammerDown
    Full (A) Aggressor here. This is like a Berk 2A. If I were you I'd go bronz, this way you could put more HP to it later and still be in the comfort zone.

wet77
    OK second reason for this ? is my motor guy and I were looking at cams for this motor and he was looking at the Comp Cams Xtreme Marine Hydraulic roller cams.
    And in the catalog it asks what impeller you are running.
    Right now we are at square 1, I have the Dart Big M block with billet steel mains and a rotating assembly.
    Need to match motor to pump and pump to motor :idea:
    Is this making any sense :idea:
    Going to sleep on it and see what you guys reply in the morning :sleeping:
    P.S. my motor guy deals excusively with Comp Cams , so if any of you have a setup like mine and run there cam let me know

wet77
    If you want to pull tubbers, run an Aggressor AA bronze. If you want speed, run an Aggressor A bronze if it's blown. If it's normally aspirated, run an Aggressor B bronze.
    What about the best of both worlds
    I want to pull tubbers and go fast
    Is there a happy medium?
    Like if I add Nitrous in the future just for that quick boost of fun

Duane HTP
    That's kind of like wanting to have the faimly station wagon to go to church on Sunday and the Chevy II dragster all in one car, isn't it? Pretty hard to do, so you take the middle road to do both. You will have to compormise somewhere.

sanger rat
    Unless you have a Chevy II wagon.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast