Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official East Coast Jet Boat Site"

hot_rod
    phillyray... Just bein anal (bad habit)
    Just want to get it right.

Hallett of a Dream
    Yeah, if I can get a group rate and book out the place we might be better off. Of course we are still looking for the place of events, and then comes the date. Whew, and to think it took this long to come up with an official thread. hehehe This will come together as long as don't overlook things and I sure don't need to piss anyone off. Example, send them to the wrong state on the wrong date and have them sleeping in a cot when they really wanted the B&B.

hot_rod
    H.O.D.... What we used to do was once we got a ruff idea of how many participants there would be we would try to find a hotel that would give a discount rate on a block of rooms (20, 30 or whatever) and then list a couple of back up hotels in the same area.
    We would then let the participants make their own reservations and the discounted room would of course be on a first come first serve basis.
    http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif

SnapperSnacher
    Lake Anna, VA / Jamboree @ 1159 Miles & 20 hr later & I'm there, Shit sounds good to me I'll Bring 100 lbs. of FL. Lobsters to Put on the grill!!!!!

Hallett of a Dream
    From the sounds of it, lodging in the immediate area is limited, about 45 rooms is what I came up with so far. "IF" that is the lake we choose. I will talk with the hotels in the area and see what I can get. As far as snappers post goes, I'm putting his room close to mine. I'll be keeping a close eye on those lobsters. Dimarco can bring a few Maine lobs and I can do a few taste tests.

fat rat
    Hey Guys, Lake Anna is just a suggestion....I know PhillyRay has an idea in mind and I'm sure some of you other guys know of some where to go....post your profile of your location...we need to "brain storm" here and get some ideas flowing, I'd like to make this a "First Class Event" we could do a boat show, get a DJ for saturday nite and have one hell of a cookout...Lobsters and cheese steak. hoagies....what a meal.

nitro557
    i can go for lake anna or maryland, as far as the comitee ill do anything exept spell right

Dimarco Kid
    Fat Rat, you read my mind. I think a DJ and cookout and all that is a great idea.
    I would like to see the video that PhillyRay is making of Harve DeGrace, MD. What I was thinking is to get the first one off the ground at either location and have maybe a second (later in the year) at the other location. I don't want to put too many eggs in one basket, but I think that if we plan on doing something at both locations at some point in time, it would make alot of people happy. But for know, we got to decide on the FIRST location.
    Thanks to H.O.A.D for offering to do some foot work. That will help, big time. I'm going to call Lake Anna's chamber of commerce, and also Harve DeGrace's chamber. I'll get the low down on group get togethers, ordinances, etc....
    I'm gonna call some of you guys today also, it's time. Those of us who talk via phone should also post something on here to help keep communication going, fare?
    Last for right know, Hallett of a Dream, I'll be bringin' 2 people, my wife and I, and one boat. That's to start your tally with. Talk to you soon,
    Dimarco Kid
    P.S. I haven't heard from Blowndragboat in awhile, but he offered to bring his starting tree for some "fun drags". I have a radar gun I'll bring for some of those BANZAI runs we all love!!!

Dimarco Kid
    P.S. H.O.A.D,
    I would want 2 rooms for the nights we stay, one for me, one for the wife!! LOL
    No, just one room, I like the idea of having a ramp and everything close by like FatRat said.
    I think it should be 3 days at least, show early Friday, stay Fri. night and Sat. night and we all can head home Sunday, or even maybe Monday, that would give us all day Sunday to play too.
    I'm bringin' a whole drum of VP-16 fuel, so I'm playing all weekend!
    Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
    AND!!!!!!!!!!
    It didn't take you very long to figure out I can bring Maine lobsters!!! Damn you, I thought I was home free!!! LOL
    Dimarco Kid

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast