Thread: *SPAM* 7.4 Merc with ProCharger M3 kit...

al cole'holic
    ...any interest in the whole motor??

MOBrien
    al cole'holic-------
    Actually, my interest is that I've got a 7.4 MPI too and am hoping I can do something with it..........Is your 7.4 a Mag or non-Mag? If non-Mag, what did you do to it, get out of it, and how long did it hold together?
    -MOB

al cole'holic
    al cole'holic-------
    Actually, my interest is that I've got a 7.4 MPI too and am hoping I can do something with it..........Is your 7.4 a Mag or non-Mag? If non-Mag, what did you do to it, get out of it, and how long did it hold together?
    -MOB
    The engine cover doesn't indicate "Mag", it says 7.4 MPI... I guess non. This motor came out of an HTM and the kit was installed by HTM, I got it out of a boat they had there. The kit is an M3 with the large cooler unit. HTM said almost 500 hp's, Teague said too small for my pig (almost 7k lbs).

MOBrien
    so I guess it's a 2-bolt motor just like mine....always been told they won't stay together if you put a supercharger on 'em. I wonder how many hours they got out of it....or it has on it since the procharger was added. Kinda thinkin that I should just S-can this 7.4 and drop in a 502zz or n/a 540. Who knows...maybe I'll sell this whole boat and get a 26 Daytona or 27MTR. Decisions decisions decisions....life's full of 'em. :notam:
    Happy Holidays.
    -MOB

Havasu Hangin'
    so I guess it's a 2-bolt motor just like mine....always been told they won't stay together if you put a supercharger on 'em. I wonder how many hours they got out of it....or it has on it since the procharger was added.
    I think it depends on how much boost you want to run. A Procharger with 5 lbs would probably be fine for a 2 bolt block at under 5,500 RPMs (500 hp).
    If you wanna go bigger someday (more boost...bigger supercharger), you're gonna need a beefier platform.

spectras only
    HH not trying to hijack this thread ,but when you going to show a pics of your barge in your sig :wink: . Ford's factory s/c for the 4.6 is set at max 6lbs boost. This engine has 6 bolt mains with long studs for cyl heads ,yet they don't recommend more boost probably warranty issues :supp: :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
    HH not trying to hijack this thread ,but when you going to show a pics of your barge in your sig :wink:
    Maybe when I get her fixed up a little.

MOBrien
    I'm pretty sure it's a 2-bolt and was thinking of having it converted to a 4-bolt and worked up a bit. All I do know is that I've got to get more than 61/62mph out of this tunnel and the stock 7.4mpi just doesn't have enough juice. :crossx: