Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Blade Props???

Raisin Wake
    Anybody use 5 blade props? (http://www.cpperformance.com/product...ry-5-blade.htm)
    I've been reading about them and I like the idea of being able to pull my kids skiing at a slower speed.
    Any thoughts on them?

THOR
    I have a high five 24 Pitch that you can try out if you want. I would like to sell it. Let me know. FYI, the even number high fives have a smaller diameter for an even greater hole shot.
    I love the 5 blades. They are super responsive. I currently run a 26.5 4-blade bravo and like the performance of that too. My dad has a 5 blade on his 21' Ultra and it kicks butt.

NuckinFutz
    My only experience with a five blade was a Mercury High5 on a 19 Mariah I owned in the mid 90's. It was only running the V6 so performance wasn't great. I tried several props and ended up running the 5 blade. Holeshot was improved over any 3 blade I ran. Top end was down a couple mph. The thing I liked was it hooked up hard and never slipped. I learned that you needed to actually go up a size with the High5, 21" three blade meant 22" five blade, due to the smaller diameter. I would really like to hear some input on the new Merc 5 blade for performance oriented boats. I am currently running a Bravo 4 blade on my Advantage and can get some slip with it if I'm not careful and would like to try the 5 blade, but the current price of a new one has me wanting to hear some input before I lay down the cash.

Raisin Wake
    I'd love to. PM with your email address. I'm not sure when I can get on the water. Holiday's and all. But, I'd love to test it out. What price are you asking?
    Thanks.

THOR
    I'd love to. PM with your email address. I'm not sure when I can get on the water. Holiday's and all. But, I'd love to test it out. What price are you asking?
    Thanks.
    check your pm

Raisin Wake
    check your pm
    Just emailed you.

Raisin Wake
    I am currently running a Bravo 4 blade on my Advantage and can get some slip with it if I'm not careful and would like to try the 5 blade, but the current price of a new one has me wanting to hear some input before I lay down the cash.
    I found a place on Ebay that has decent prices.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Buddys-Wholes...sotimedisplayZ 2QQtZkm

dicudmore
    I have a high five 24 Pitch that you can try out if you want. I would like to sell it. Let me know. FYI, the even number high fives have a smaller diameter for an even greater hole shot.
    I love the 5 blades. They are super responsive. I currently run a 26.5 4-blade bravo and like the performance of that too. My dad has a 5 blade on his 21' Ultra and it kicks butt.
    I might be interested in checking that out myself....
    if TVweb doesn't want it first

THOR
    I paid $330 for mine

THOR
    I might be interested in checking that out myself....
    if TVweb doesn't want it first
    Let me know Dan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast