Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ski bums...

Sleek-Jet
    Wow, a forum for those of us that want to use our boats for something other than transportation to and from the sandbar...
    Kind of odd placemant, but nice to see it anyway.
    Personally, I like good old meat and potatos slalom skiing, no wake boarding, or ski racing or trick skiing, just nice carved turns on glass.
    So who else ski's on here??

infotraker
    I've been skiing since I was 12, 58 now and still skiing ! Started at Lake Tahoe behind a 35 HP outboard. Converted to 68 Schiada flat in 68 and 77 Sanger Pickle in 2002. I ski best at the Delta in Ca (perfect water in places). We spend a week at Eagle lake Ca and the water is great certain times of the day for skiing. Picture below is at eagle behind the pickle fork.
    http://***boat.com/image_center/data...0small-med.jpg
    http://***boat.com/image_center/data...1small-med.jpg

BADBLOWN572
    Been skiing since I was 4 years old. Don't get to do it as much as I would like, but still try to do it as often as possible. Probably once a month or so during the summer.

rrrr
    Gettin' old, got a bad knee too. I switched to wakeboarding a few years ago, the knee couldn't take the slalom stuff any more.
    I've had surgery on it seven times.....
    I like boarding, everything happens a little slower. So far my best trick is a face plant..... :220v:

dmontzsta
    Gettin' old, got a bad knee too. I switched to wakeboarding a few years ago, the knee couldn't take the slalom stuff any more.
    I've had surgery on it seven times.....
    I like boarding, everything happens a little slower. So far my best trick is a face plant..... :220v:
    I have to try it...I am a lazy mofo and just like getting pulled on a tub.

joeygo
    cool topic.I've been skiing since I was 14. My two daughters just started wakeboarding this last summer. Here are some pics of them.These pics were taken on our 3rd trip out. It always amazes me how fast kids pick things up.

Sleek-Jet
    Cool. One of the reasons I bought a v-drive was to ski behind it. I never have been pulled behind any other boat than an O/B runabout.
    My brothers and I have been sking since we were single digit ages, can't wait to get the boat running and hit the water this year.

markc
    You rarley see people slalom or play skiing anymore, wakeboardings fun but I still like going fast..

tamalewagon
    Been skiing since I was 8 (now 35). Skied on my college team and loved every second! Still love to ski behind the direct, v-drives and outboards. I absolutely refuse to wakeboard. I'm too die hard. Won't snow-board either. Strictly a ski-bum.

Simplify
    I have also been skiing since I was 8. 35 now. Grew up in Florida right on the Banana River in Cocoa Beach. Also got into kneeboarding as a kid, then started wakeboarding in '91 when the sport was fairly new. I love all different types of skiing. In fact, I went back to a jet boat just so I could have my fat ass yanked out of the water when slaloming! Nothin' like laying it out while carving a turn doin' 35 mph!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast