Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ski bums...

superdave013
    I've been sking for a few years now. I'm the little dude right in the middle.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...s_12up-med.jpg

RiverDave
    Like I said earler, I have been skiing since 4. I started to wakeboard about 15 years old and now I do both. I guess I am kind of spoiled and I don't enjoy skiing on anything other than glass anymore. Wakeboarding fine, but skiing no. However, if the water is nice, you will never catch me on a wakeboard. Break out the slalom ski and let me go. Cant think of a much better day than 105 degrees, glass and a slalom ski.
    God damn Danny are you that young? They didn't even have wakeboards when I was 15... As a matter of fact I distinctly remember them just coming up with something called a "Skurfer" right when I was about to turn 15.. which is the forefather of the wakeboard I believe?
    RD

Up 4 River
    I remember the skurfer coming out, but the first time I rode anything like a wakeboard was the summer going into my Freshman year of high schoolat about 13 or 14 years old. Connely had come out with the Connely Stick which was a competitor to the skurfer. Needless to say neither one of them lasted to long.

Sherpa
    excellent post.. I learned when I was 5, riding my mom's slalom ski....Had to
    wear my tennis shoes inside the slalom boots..... Grew up in CHico, skiied
    on oroville weekly.......... I've rode every boat-towable thingy ever made.
    Trick skied, jumpers, (Still have my Skurfer Rage) my connoly HP, kneeboards,
    tubes, bought a nice wakeboard last year......
    I live for skiing...............
    --Sherpa
    most bizzare tricks: Made up a platform with a picnic table and benches,
    had 4 guys reading waterski magazine with 2 guys skiing right next to the
    table. we submitted the pics, but never got any publicity...
    most people towed with my boat: 14 kneeboarders..........
    5 big guys deep water starts all on singles...................

Up 4 River
    I learned when I was 3 years old on a pair of skiis my Dad had modified. He took my Grandpa's old skiis and cut them in half, reshaped them, sanded and painted them. He then put on small boots and brought the rope up through the front of the skiis to take the pressure off of out arms. Probably had a 20' rope behing the 16' Tahiti. This was a pretty inovative idea 23 years ago. Now they sell those type of skiis for kids at most places.
    Have not done many tricks, but have skiied slalom and a couple years ago when I was a couple of pounds lighter took some bodyslide lesosns from Mike Mack. Never really got that down, but had a lot of fun trying.

markc
    I've been known to ski a bit. Glassy water gets boring, give me some bumps! Bumps=Air!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8775
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8776
    I'm with you there !!

superdave013
    I learned when I was 3 years old on a pair of skiis my Dad had modified. He took my Grandpa's old skiis and cut them in half, reshaped them, sanded and painted them. He then put on small boots
    My dad did the same thing. But he would not attach the rope to the skis. I was a little older. Around 5 or 6.
    We used to ski or try to ski on anything we could get.
    Shoe skis (before I learned to really barefoot) were fun. Heck, a kid a few houses down took the trucks off his Alva skateboard and we skied on that! That was way pre Skurfer but we stood on it like a wakeboard.

HCS
    Wow, a forum for those of us that want to use our boats for something other than transportation to and from the sandbar...
    Kind of odd placemant, but nice to see it anyway.
    Personally, I like good old meat and potatos slalom skiing, no wake boarding, or ski racing or trick skiing, just nice carved turns on glass.
    So who else ski's on here??
    I'll second that.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...icture_012.jpg

HCS
    God damn Danny are you that young? They didn't even have wakeboards when I was 15... As a matter of fact I distinctly remember them just coming up with something called a "Skurfer" right when I was about to turn 15.. which is the forefather of the wakeboard I believe?
    RD
    I here ya there. I learned to ski on home made wood boards.

jackpunx
    Been skiing since I was 4 years old. Don't get to do it as much as I would like, but still try to do it as often as possible. Probably once a month or so during the summer.
    I do it every now and then.. but the conditions have to be right.. Im kinda spoiled.. I'll do it behind a ski boat or wakeboard boat.. but it takes me a lot to get out from behind the wheel of my boat.. I tried wakeskating .. thats pretty cool.. I'll do that again this year.. dosnt take to much energy..lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast