Hey fellows, Im hoping somebody can help me out here. I just bought my Taylor 18' with built 454/berk E pump/Jetovator. When I first got the boat, the bowl was pulled off the pump. There was no impeller and there was a lot of missing hardware. Not to familiar with pumps, I took it all off and gave it to ADM boatworks (banner above). There shop is close to me. Before I got on the internet I just told him to make things right for me (trust). He told me he would rebuild it and sale me a used A impeller in good shape. He said a new impeller runs about $380.00, But he would sale me his for 280.00. Im running off the subject here but im a little pissed because after net shopping I found that I can get "NEW" the pitch of my choice for the same amount as his used A. He also sold me the reverse and jetovator cable linkage for $68.00, after shopping around I found those pieces for 8.00 each. what an a$$ hole. Anyway, I take my boat out after replacing a couple freeze plugs and installing the pump and I must say, I am very unhappy with the results. I was told by the owner that this boat was a 70mph boat. I know alot of people pump up there boat on a sale but im not getting anywhere near that at all. The built 454 is pushin a very clean and impressive 5,000 RPM but the boat is moving at a very unimpressive 40 mph. Now this boat looks and feels like it wants to go a lot faster than that. I dont feel cavitation and even checked to make sure I didnt suck anything up. It just isnt moving water. To make sure I was sucking a plentiful amount of water I cranked the diverter up for a sweet rooooooster witch indeed made a huge rainbow. But when i stuff the bow back in the water, the boat just does not want to move like it should. Any suggestions on things to try would be great. I think I will be doing any and all work to my boat myself from now on. Did I get jipped on my pump rebuild? I need some help here, leaving wednesday for Havasu!