Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHY IS MY BOAT SO SLOW!!!!

Heatseeker
    I have to agree with everyone, you must have pump problems. I also have a Caribbean with a 330hp 454(with some slight mods). I spin 4500 at 59mph with an 'A' cut in a somewhat worn JG. You are definitly losing thrust somewhere. I'd take the whole set up back to the guy who alledgedly 'rebuilt' it. Tell those guys you'll ruin them on these boards if they don't make it right!!!

racingrascal
    Heatseeker Im you with you brother! Take it back and say what the F**k? If they don't choose to be of service we can black list them! And take them down right here. There is a thread under hot boat hot spots it is like a soap oper. We are all like hungry sharks and will tear this company apart! Lets know when the bashing can begin!
    Andy

Brendella
    I called Adm once ask a guy about the linkage for a panther reverse. Replied, "yes we have it," so I ask how much,he replied,"I'm to f##cking busy to find out.so I replied F U . if he is treating people like that that means his work is most likely not so good.
    P.S. he did the same thing to a friend on a ? for rudders.

HavasuBarney
    I have an idea that might work on your boat, anyone want to hear it?

spectras only
    Barney,go ahead ,make my day http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

racingrascal
    No Barney nobody needs any thing to fix breakfast with.
    Andy

1000mhz
    Well thanks for all the great replies guys.
    After extensive web research, I found that it apears that I have a JG pump. After looking at diagrams from cpp I noticed that my pump resembles the JG more than any other model. I cant believe that guy told me I had an E. I told him I was thinking of doing the rebuild myself to save some $$. I wonder if he was steering me in the wrong direction to confuse me and get my business (maybe Im thinking to much). Anyway, the only reason why I think its an A impeller is because thats what he said he used. Is there a way to identify when I r&r this thing again?
    Flat-broke, You are right. I am not used to the jet-Ovator and I basically either was throwing a roost, or had the bow all the way down. Next time im out (tommorrow)I will make sure I take your advice, but would that take 30 mph away from me? This boat is not even pulling hardly either.
    flat broke- Can you give me MPD's site,address,phone#?
    (I think they just got a new customer)
    I am going to talk to ADM today. I will post here and let you guys know the results. I dont think its going to be pretty cause the guy is an asshole. Its great to hear there are other places to go for help
    (closer than Corona)out there. Thanks again guys, and please keep the replies comming!
    This board kicks ass!

Joker
    All the impellors I have ever purchased were stamped on the inside of one of the blades close to the sleeve with the type. There are only a few things that will get ya if your boat is not "hooked". 1. The intake grate needs to be "straight and clean" so water can get into the impellor easily. 2. The impellor blades should be sharp and smooth on the low pressure side so loading is even and unagitated. 3. Wear ring clearances must be there to avoid water getting back into the low pressure side instead of going into your rooster. 4. Inspection cover must be on tight to avoid pulling in air to impellor suction. I am no expert but I would say that with your big block an "a" impellor and 5000 RPM you should get 60-65 MPH. Any supposed pump rebuilders with half a brain and a desire to retain customers should understand that they did not do there job properly and offer to do it right.......thats my nickels worth.....good luck.

ChetCapoli
    Hey 1000,
    Look right where your engine sits on the pump where the grease fitting is. Behind that will be your ID plate to tell what model berk you have for sure. BTW, ADM should fix your pump for free with a smile on their face. If not, i would just save the $$ and do it yourself.....saves you from being flatbroke anyways. Good luck.
    Chet

flat broke
    Here is the information for MPD.
    Marine Performance Designs. 1760 Monrovia St. Unit
    A-7. Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627. 949-631-2040. MPD ... http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/
    You are right to go after ADM before anything else. You're hull should at least do 60 if that 454 is spining 5k in the water. In regard to the place diverter/jetovator, unfortunately it isn't hurting you 30mph. If you have a GPS and a camera, I would get a pic of your tach and the GPS display in the same shot just so the a$$ at ADM doesn't try and blame it on a speedo or something lame like that. Good luck and let us know what you find in going through your setup and your dealings with ADM.
    Chris
    BTW CHET, nowhere did I say have Jack rebuild your pump. I Was merely pointing him to a knowledgable source on setup etc. Lay off with the attitude and instigating.
    [This message has been edited by flat broke (edited August 24, 2001).]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast