Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superduty rear seat....

essexjet
    I have an 04 superduty and would like to install a sub box behind the rear seat. I would like to put two kicker L7's 12". I know that I have to more the seat forward but I dont know how to move it. Has anyone done this, if so how in the hell if you do it
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_098-med.jpg

purrfecttremor
    i have the same truck & honestly dunno!when i get interested [soon] enough ill take it to the sterio shop.that shelf or whatever it is has to gotta go also.

Jordy
    Good luck on the L7's behind the seat. I was looking at doing 10" L5's behind my back seat and it wasn't close, even the 8" L5's were too deep. Ended up going with a roundy round 10" Kicker and keeping my seat in the stock location, granted it's a Chevy. I think you're going to have to put the backseat up about 6 inches to accomplish what you want to do. Keep us posted though.

riverbound
    We have done quite a few superduty trucks where the seat was moved you can really only get about an 1-2 inches of space and keep it safe. We have done 10 L5's and they barely fit with moving the seat. The L7's are too deep. There are some pretty good woofers out on the market thet are a lot thinner than the L7's.

essexjet
    Riverbound, if I go with the round kicker comps do I still need to more the seat forward? Also how did you move the seat with the newer rear seat?

Jordy
    Riverbound, if I go with the round kicker comps do I still need to more the seat forward? Also how did you move the seat with the newer rear seat?
    I did 4 10" Kicker CVR's and left the seat in the stock location. I don't know the difference between the seat room on the Fords and Chevy's, but I would imagine it has to be close.

essexjet
    I did 4 10" Kicker CVR's and left the seat in the stock location. I don't know the difference between the seat room on the Fords and Chevy's, but I would imagine it has to be close.
    Thanks jordan, I think that I will go that route.

NOTALENT
    these guys are right use the kicker comp CVR...You will not have enough air space for the L7's or the L5's..but the kicker comps will do u just fine..very clean and exellent deep bass..

Jordy
    these guys are right use the kicker comp CVR...You will not have enough air space for the L7's or the L5's..but the kicker comps will do u just fine..very clean and exellent deep bass..
    It's not the airspace, it's the physical depth of the speaker.

NOTALENT
    It's not the airspace, it's the physical depth of the speaker.
    yeah..we know it obviously wont fit...but that box in such a small box will not perform as it should..it would sound like crap..just a waste of money..
    http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?f...enu=SUBWOOFERS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast