Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertisement - NJBA Any Ideas

Willis
    Hello every one
    :argue:
    http://www.bakersfieldcity.us/events_links/index.htm

Scroll to the bottom click Kern Co Calendar of Events
    Check out this location, and let me know if you ever go to sites like this looking for events in orther cities.
    Willis

djdtpr
    Hey Willis do they run an add in Hot Boat anymore?I know years ago they would put like a full page add in there.just a thought.Maybe send flyers to high perf. shops and parts houses.

moneysucker
    Sending some NJBA fliers would be good with the race schedule printed on them or get others involved and put up a printable version up asking us to print it and put them in places, With permission, thet may bring more spectators and racers.

UBFJ #454
    Willis -
    When did you say the next Board Meeting was ... And, Where?

Cas
    Willis,
    I'm sure you've read before that I used to run golf tournaments for a new (at the time) pro golf tour. In order to help kick it off, I made up flyers and put them around at various golf courses, pro shops, golf stores, 7-11's, sandwich shops, etc. In the beginning, it brought in a few people but not as many as I would have liked. After about the 4th tourney, it really payed off as gained about 6 times the original amount of players.
    It would be my suggestion to give it a try. Make up a few hundred flyers for people to put up at boat shops, marina's, auto parts stores, 7-11's and anywhere else people might think interest can be peaked.
    The flyers don't need to be professionally done, just something with a schedule and maybe a $2.00 off coupon to get into a certain race. Also in it, you write something up about getting people to come out and race.
    If you do something like that, I'll be more than happy to put them out at the different places we go boating and a few other places.

Willis
    Hello every one.
    Here is the 2005 race schedule and discount flyer.
    Is this what we're talking about?
    Willis

Heatseeker
    Willis,that looks good!
    With your permission, I'll print some of those up and post them in a couple of places.

Willis
    John,
    That sound great and if anyone else wants to do the same in their area, feel free to take liberties.
    Willis

Cas
    as John said, looks great Willis!
    I'll do the same. Are you doing anything with CP Performance? If not, I'll bring some over there hopefully within the next few days. I live about 20 miles or so from them.

Willis,
    I think djdplacecraft, moneysucker, and cas came up with some great ideas. To push ideas a little further has the NJBA ever thought about doing some gorilla marketing? I am far from a marketing guru but I know that a lot of small business that can’t afford big marketing budgets look for free ways to market their service or product. Mike (Cyclone) did a great article on “Breaking Into Racing” in this month’s issue of ***boat. I am sure that the article brought some attention to the NJBA. If you are not currently do so, inviting the media to the races maybe one way to get some free publicity.
    I would also look creatively for more ways to include businesses in your events and strengthen the relationships that you already enjoy. Can you trade sponsorship of one of your races for ad space in ***boat? Just for a thought change the name of the May Shootout to the May ***boat Shootout. I know as a customer of ***boat and a spectator of the NJBA that I would be happy to receive the $2 off coupon with the NJBA schedule in this next months issue.
    I know that the NJBA has links to other businesses like MSD Ignition and Synergyn Racing Oil. What is your relationship with these companies? Do they sponsor the races? Do they offer a return link to the NJBA site? Would they also like to sponsor races for an example the MSD Season Opener? Just some things to think about maybe Mike (Cyclone) can give you some insight.
    Jerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast