Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new to jets

Tresguey
    im new to jets. i picked up a 76 sanger with a 454 in it. i took it out to the lake the first time drove it for about 20 min checked the oil and there was oil in it. so i changed the head and intake gaskets. ran it on the water hose and ran good. took it to the lake and ran it for a while and damn water in the oil again. so i shaved the heads and ahd them checked for cracks all good. now this guy is telling me that i may have too much water pressure going into the water jackets from the jet pump. i noticed a water valve coming from the pump. how do i know if there is too much presure. this is hell because i have to change out 18 quarts of oil every time i do this. and it is hell trying to get it all out. the boat runs bad ass but im just need to get this water problem fixed. any help will be great.

Devilman
    There are a few different explanations as to water getting in your oil. Try doing a search here in the forums for 'water in the oil' or something like that. You'd be surprised how much that has been discussed on here. That along with the water pressure situation, is fairly common from what I've seen. I'm pretty new to jets myself, but I've gotten a lot of good info here on the boards and kinda helped myself along the way. Lots of good people here, though, you'll see

Mighty Thor
    There are several discussions dealing with pressure relief valves that you should read. Also contact Duane at HTP or the crew at Rex they can help with parts and recomendations

deltarat
    I had a problem on my old Tahiti where the water injection into me bassetts would let water drip in to my engine through the exhaust port on the heads. I fixed that problem with a presure switch that would cut the water off when pressure from the engine would drop right before I turned off the motor.

superdave013
    tell us about your exhaust. Are they water injected headers or are they water jacketed logs / headers.

deltarat
    Mine.........on this boat they are logs on my old boat they were headers

Tresguey
    i have water injected bassets. and i do have a control valve on them. and i tuned them to barely fog at idle. thas what i was told to do anyways.

superdave013
    i have water injected bassets. and i do have a control valve on them. and i tuned them to barely fog at idle. thas what i was told to do anyways.
    DING DING!!!
    They need to be dry at idle. You are getting water in your heads. Your exhaust valves hate you too. lol

Heatseeker
    To cure the drippy pipe syndrome, try one of these:
    Banderlog Valve (http://www.banderlog.com/products/wa...Injection.html)

MoJetBoPar
    You need a pressure relief valve as mentioned. Psi outta the pump reaches as high as 300 psi, alot more than the 14-18 that most engines see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast