Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Advantage Party Cat Line.

hot_diggity_dog
    OK....Spoke to a couple different people at the factory...........
    Slightly modified numbers, but not by much.....
    22' w/6.2 (B3) = 50-55 MPH
    26' 4/496 MAG HO (B3-28P) = 60-63 MPH
    28' w/496 MAG HO (B3-28P) = 63-65 MPH
    28' w/525 (B1) = 65-70 MPH
    Party Cat.....
    Something is wrong with your set-up....
    Where are you making peak torque ???
    Hopefully around 4,200 RPM, not 5,500.
    Do you have a dyno sheet.....
    Later,
    CJG
    Don't forget :notam: that Party Cat has about 1500 lbs of stereo equipment and 250 lbs of jello shooters. :rollside:
    That will slow you down.
    HDD

Havasu_Dreamin
    JORDY--I'm so bummed that you overlooked the Conquest Deckboat pole installers. As you can see here, Rick Potts had one installed and it actually
    is full of water and has a sprinkler head on top. A pump keeps the water flowing whenever you want and right out of the lake.
    You're right too, they draw a ton of attention and there's almost always a line to use it.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...kpottspole.JPG
    Now that is a GREAT idea!

Party Cat
    Party Cat.....
    Later,
    CJG
    The 652 torque was at 4000 rpm, and 626.5 at 5000, at 4000 rpm, it had 496.6 hp and peaked at 5500 rpm with 628 hp....
    Do they still set the motor up a little higher in the hull and put a 2" extension on the drive ???
    I am gonna assume that they are putting 2.0 gears in the B3's too....
    I'm open for suggestions to improve the efficiency
    Don't forget that Party Cat has about 1500 lbs of stereo equipment and 250 lbs of jello shooters.
    That will slow you down.
    HDD
    Well....there is a little bit of stereo equipment in there...but not quite 1500 lbs
    And yup....there are usually a few lbs of Jell-O on board too
    Not to mention all of the drunks too

OC-PARTYCAT
    Then why are you sellin' yer boat?
    I just ordered my 28 yesterday. Should be ready in April. Got the 496 HO in it. I figured once the warranty is out, I'd add some pressure to the intake (supercharger)
    Its too long....why, wanna buy it? Ill let it go this week for 48k thats about 30k less then what your gonna pay, without the stereo...

boxscore
    Party Cat.....
    Later,
    CJG
    LOL... the sales staff at Advantage loves to fudge numbers. A 26' w/ 496HO, B3, will not run 63. No chance in hell. Maybe, just maybe, with 1 person, 2 gallons of gas, no interior installed, no biminis, 50 degree dry day, and the driver wearing a speed suit with one of those fancy Lance Armstrong areodynamic helmets. The 26 is like a trying to push a billboard across the water, the bottom is eons old, no steps, nada. Advantage realized this when they tooled the 28 so they made an effort to make it much more efficient than the 26. They did much better with the 28. But don't sell the 26 like it's a performance boat. I would tend to believe that a 575 could barely push that 26 to 70 mph.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    LOL... the sales staff at Advantage loves to fudge numbers. A 26' w/ 496HO, B3, will not run 63. No chance in hell. Maybe, just maybe, with 1 person, 2 gallons of gas, no interior installed, no biminis, 50 degree dry day, and the driver wearing a speed suit with one of those fancy Lance Armstrong areodynamic helmets. The 26 is like a trying to push a billboard across the water, the bottom is eons old, no steps, nada. Advantage realized this when they tooled the 28 so they made an effort to make it much more efficient than the 26. They did much better with the 28. But don't sell the 26 like it's a performance boat. I would tend to believe that a 575 could barely push that 26 to 70 mph.
    I didn't say I spoke to SALES people did I......
    Furthermore....I have been in a customers 26' with a 496 MAH HO and gps'd it at over 63 MPH.
    I'm not sure that Advantage sell's the "PARTYCAT" as a performance boat, hence the name.
    Advantage just delivered a 28 with a 525 (B1) that ran 67 with 2 guys and fuel.....
    Again......These are not sold as performance boats.....They eat a ton of people & shit......Not the boat for me, but it is for a bunch....
    CJG

That Guy
    The person you want to ask is Shaken Not Stirred who is a great guy and knows a lot
    That's true he knows alot, but he isn't a great guy... Seriously, Chris knows his stuff and is a very straight shooter. I'd trust him to give you good info.... :shift:

Mrs. Restless22
    Well....there is a little bit of stereo equipment in there...but not quite 1500 lbs
    And yup....there are usually a few lbs of Jell-O on board too
    Not to mention all of the drunks too
    Im thinking the amount of drunks you usually have are what weighs you down! Especially since the jello shots dissapear quickly :devil:

boxscore
    I didn't say I spoke to SALES people did I......
    Furthermore....I have been in a customers 26' with a 496 MAH HO and gps'd it at over 63 MPH.
    I'm not sure that Advantage sell's the "PARTYCAT" as a performance boat, hence the name.
    Advantage just delivered a 28 with a 525 (B1) that ran 67 with 2 guys and fuel.....
    Again......These are not sold as performance boats.....They eat a ton of people & shit......Not the boat for me, but it is for a bunch....
    CJG
    I'm so sorry... I misquoted you. You actually said you spoke with people from the factory. I can't possibly say you didnt gps a boat "over 63 mph" (I suppose that might mean it could have been 65). My point is that Advantage doesn't accurately quote top-end numbers to prospective buyers. I know this to be true first hand. I'm glad you enjoy your 27 V. Peace.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I'm so sorry... I misquoted you. You actually said you spoke with people from the factory. I can't possibly say you didnt gps a boat "over 63 mph" (I suppose that might mean it could have been 65). My point is that Advantage doesn't accurately quote top-end numbers to prospective buyers. I know this to be true first hand. I'm glad you enjoy your 27 V. Peace.
    Well......
    I sell for Advantage at the shows and make a point to be accurate when it comes to the speed of a boat. 6 of the 8 guy's working the shows are owners, not factory sales people, so they really don't have the incentive to embelish when it comes to speed.
    Additionally, the 3 main sales people at Advantage really do try and be conservative with the speed numbers. If you have a first hand experiance, then I'm really sorry about that, but I've seen and heard these guy's sell dozens of boats all the time talking conservitive speed numbers. No sane sales person, espcially ones just doin' it for the fun and a couple $$, REALLY want to exaggerate and get Advantage into trouble.
    Advantage customers are typically family boaters who think 60-65 MPH is fast enough....again, I talk to these people at EVERY show, all day long.
    Anyway.....I still say if you have 600HP in a 26' PartyCat and are only doin' 60 MPH, then you have set-up problem, or a really bad pitot tube speedo.
    CJG

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast