Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Advantage Party Cat Line.

Party Cat
    Well......
    Anyway.....I still say if you have 600HP in a 26' PartyCat and are only doin' 60 MPH, then you have set-up problem, or a really bad pitot tube speedo.
    CJG
    I guess then Advantage set my boat up wrong....My speeds are GPS....
    Hope you can find some answers........

Party Cat
    Im thinking the amount of drunks you usually have are what weighs you down! Especially since the jello shots dissapear quickly :devil:
    Yah...there are some peeps that chow down the Jell-O shots quickly...only to give them up later ...... ROTFLMAO.......

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I guess then Advantage set my boat up wrong....My speeds are GPS....
    Hope you can find some answers........
    Party Cat.....
    Something is wrong with your set-up....
    Where are you making peak torque ???
    Hopefully around 4,200 RPM, not 5,500.
    Do you have a dyno sheet.....
    CJG

LHC30Victory
    That's true he knows alot, but he isn't a great guy... Seriously, Chris knows his stuff and is a very straight shooter. I'd trust him to give you good info.... :shift:
    I agree, now if he could just get those guys in LHC to call me back about a few little things :cry:

Party Cat
    Party Cat.....
    Something is wrong with your set-up....
    Where are you making peak torque ???
    Hopefully around 4,200 RPM, not 5,500.
    Do you have a dyno sheet.....
    CJG
    See my post above.......
    The 652 torque was at 4000 rpm, and 626.5 at 5000, at 4000 rpm, it had 496.6 hp and peaked at 5500 rpm with 628 hp....
    Do they still set the motor up a little higher in the hull and put a 2" extension on the drive ???
    I am gonna assume that they are putting 2.0 gears in the B3's too....
    I'm open for suggestions to improve the efficiency

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    I had an 02 26 Party Cat and it was a crap load of fun until it was time to go somewhere. BTW it had a 500 hp EFI and a xz drive. It would hit 69 once in a while but felt like it would fall apart at those speeds, Not to mention the wind blast would just about make the passengers beg for mercy. I ran it in all the runs and hung with all D-row guys and finaly had to get rid of it. It would just beat you to death. I know I will get a lot of shiiit for this but its the truth comming from someone who truly put 200 hrs on the thing. I would do a Magic or a Conquest. All my freinds have them and they seem much happier than I was. Oh ya, Get ready for all your freinds kids dripping pb&j on your boat
    Ps The chicks dig party cats!!!! That pole thing is true!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I had an 02 26 Party Cat and it was a crap load of fun until it was time to go somewhere. BTW it had a 500 hp EFI and a xz drive. It would hit 69 once in a while but felt like it would fall apart at those speeds, Not to mention the wind blast would just about make the passengers beg for mercy. I ran it in all the runs and hung with all D-row guys and finaly had to get rid of it. It would just beat you to death. I know I will get a lot of shiiit for this but its the truth comming from someone who truly put 200 hrs on the thing. I would do a Magic or a Conquest. All my freinds have them and they seem much happier than I was. Oh ya, Get ready for all your freinds kids dripping pb&j on your boat
    Ps The chicks dig party cats!!!! That pole thing is true!
    Well....
    I'm a "V" guy and could never see myself in a PartyCat....I also wouldn't want to sit out there like a piece of meat in the wind. :jawdrop:
    But....Thanks for helping me make my point....You had a 500 EFI and saw 69 MPH under the best possible conditions I would assume....and your 500 EFI is about 50 HP better than the 496 MAG HO, so 60-65 with a 496 MAG HO is conservative....... :hammerhea
    CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    See my post above.......
    The 652 torque was at 4000 rpm, and 626.5 at 5000, at 4000 rpm, it had 496.6 hp and peaked at 5500 rpm with 628 hp....
    Do they still set the motor up a little higher in the hull and put a 2" extension on the drive ???
    I am gonna assume that they are putting 2.0 gears in the B3's too....
    I'm open for suggestions to improve the efficiency
    Sorry....
    I missed the post.....
    Anyway.....I KNOW that Tom builds a great motor, so I doubt it has anything to do with that....
    As far as the set-up on the 26', yes, Advantage still puts the 2" extension on all models, yes it will have 2.0 gears on the B3.
    What prop size are you running ?? 28P ??
    What was the original motor in the boat ?? How did it run then ??
    If it has never run good, then it needs to be looked at. I think you should make an appointment with Gary at Advantage and have him look at the bottom of the boat and go for a run in it.....
    Stranger things have happend....maybe it pre-released from the mold and has some bad hook or something.
    What about excessive weight in the thing ?? If you pack people up on the front it will change the ride as well.
    Somewhere you are missing 8-10 MPH......I say we try to find it this summer !!!!.....
    CJG

RAT A TAT CAT
    I have a 22ft partycat that does 63 on gps @ 5300 ft with a stroked 454 and a broavo1. The boat is very rough rideing in any kind of chop untill you can get it on top of the water,but try telling your wife that if you can just go faster it will be ok. all i get is a slap across the head.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I have a 22ft partycat that does 63 on gps @ 5300 ft with a stroked 454 and a broavo1. The boat is very rough rideing in any kind of chop untill you can get it on top of the water,but try telling your wife that if you can just go faster it will be ok. all i get is a slap across the head.
    Honey.....If we just go FASTER it will smooth out !!!!
    :boxingguy
    :argue:
    RIGHT !!!!!!
    CJG

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast