Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to fly into and stay for LA Boat Show

roln 20s
    Thanks for the suggestion...but the Westin is a little out of my budget.
    Westin Bonaventure--This is my place of choice--I have stayed their the past two years-- love it! I got an internet price of like $99 a night or something- you can get some deals. I walked from their to the show
    Roln 20s

JustMVG
    You could get into Burbank, and stay anywhere near to the Convention Ctr, in the valley or Hollyweird, even Beverly Hills.....

HOOTER SLED-
    Stay in the South Bay. 15 to 20 minutes from the Convention Center and LAX. And away from the cluster **** of downtown. There is a Marriot in Torrance. And a Hilton. Stay away from the West LA area. Traffic up the yin yang. Let me know if you need help finding your way around.

jdogginla
    Flights are cheapest if you fly into LAX. Burbank is probably the most convienent. It's only 12 miles from Downtown LA, small and easy to get in and out. You could then stay in Burbank, Universal, or Downtown. Long Beach is also e-z but a pain in the ass drive if there is traffic.
    Good Luck.........Kilr's suggestion of the Holiday Inn-downtown is a good idea. You could walk across the street to the convention center.

JustMVG
    Or if there's rain, with all of the rain and mudslides and such traffic is messed up , lots of road closures now, and most will prolly open up , but will still be a PITA for awhile.

clownpuncher
    Try THIS (http://www.hotels.com/processSearch....2-367f8d88863d) link
    Lots of hotels near the LACC

LAPII
    My .02 Burbank your best bet if you want in and out, smaller airport crowds, nicer area to fly into and safer to find hotel(Universal City or Burbank to stay). Ther's also Biltmore which I think is cheaper but comparable amenties to Bonaventure.

BoatPI
    The Holiday INN is across the street from the convention center. You can walk across the street and save $10 per day in parking and the crowds. There are many new palces to eat in the area, all within walking distance. You will be in the new Staples area, an incredible redevelopment area.

superdave013
    Stay in the South Bay. 15 to 20 minutes from the Convention Center and LAX. And away from the cluster **** of downtown. There is a Marriot in Torrance. And a Hilton. Stay away from the West LA area. Traffic up the yin yang. Let me know if you need help finding your way around.
    Or the Sea Sprite right on the beach in Hermosa Beach. Not a 5 star but it's right on the stand and next to all the hoppin spots in Hermosa.
    http://www.seaspritemotel.com/images/Spriteview1.jpg

ClownRoyal
    Since I am working in San Diego that week...I plan on renting a car and driving from San Diego early Saturday (opening day). About 120 miles/2 hours. Sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with airports. Got a room at the Quality Inn and Suites Downtown for $75. It is about 4 blocks from the show.
    Hopefully we won't get another pineapple express that weekend, or this plan is shot-to-hell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast