Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Department Of Public Safety....

IN2MX
    That is the first nominee for quote of the year. LMAO!!!
    Thanks!

Boatcop
    What do you want to know?
    Retirement is 50% of the average high 3 years at 20 years. 2.5% more per year after, up to a max of 30 years/75% not including drop, unless in a high ranking position.
    DROP is an excellent program, which puts mucho dollars (lump sum) into your pocket for up to 5 years after you declare your retirement.
    All Arizona Peace Officers, firefighters, and other public safety positions are on the same Retirement plan.
    PM me and I'll tell you anything you need to know.

Kilrtoy
    Damn Az is way under paid and the retirement SUCKS, even with the drop you still cant make what you make in retirement here at the same . 90% 5% ever year, no max out...
    Plus with the right to work, not the best choice....

Boatcop
    90% 5% ever year, no max out...
    Which is why California is Billions in debt, taxes are sky high, and real estate artificially inflated. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
    They are in debt because of alot of thing, PERS is not one of them.....

Havasu_Dreamin
    They are in debt because of alot of thing, PERS is not one of them.....
    I don't know for sure but I would imagine that PERS does have an impact on the States budget expenditures. As such, it's a factor. How much of a factor, I have no idea. There certainly are plenty of reasons why CA is in debt.

IN2MX
    I don't know for sure but I would imagine that PERS does have an impact on the States budget expenditures. As such, it's a factor. How much of a factor, I have no idea. There certainly are plenty of reasons why CA is in debt.
    There are many factors, and YES PERS is one of them, only one of them.

Havasu_Dreamin
    There are many factors, and YES PERS is one of them, only one of them.
    Exactly! One of hundreds, if not thousands, of individual reasons. Bottom line though, it all comes down to expenditures exceeding revenues.

Desert Rat
    And Arnold is working pretty damn hard to change the retirement for ALL new state employees to a 401K type retirement

Desert Rat
    What do you want to know?
    Retirement is 50% of the average high 3 years at 20 years. 2.5% more per year after, up to a max of 30 years/75% not including drop, unless in a high ranking position.
    DROP is an excellent program, which puts mucho dollars (lump sum) into your pocket for up to 5 years after you declare your retirement.
    All Arizona Peace Officers, firefighters, and other public safety positions are on the same Retirement plan.
    PM me and I'll tell you anything you need to know.
    In the real world this is not a bad package and besides i bet most AZ employees have most of their marbles intact when they retire. Kind of hard to do in California :hammerhea

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast