Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Shoemaker...

DickDanger
    Just wanted to give props to Greg again. He hooked me up today (not gonna say on what), and between this, and when he did my pump work last year after sucking a few Havasu rocks, the guy is good people. If anyone needs any work done before or during summer, I would suggest checking out GS Marine. Great work, great customer service. -DD out

Blown Sleek
    I will try to keep my cool!!
    I trusted him after years of reading his stuff!
    I have spent about$1800.00 with him and had nothing but night mares of him since!!
    I am however happy to know none of my friends have lost any money to him as they go to another guy I found in Havasu and he costs a fraction as much and spends allot more time!
    If you need his name let me know.
    Jet boats forever!!

rivercrazy
    Who's you guy in Havasu? Tom Papp?

Blown Sleek
    No I have heard great things of Tom Papp and have spoken to him several times.
    I have used R.C. Marine for a few things over the years.
    Last summer three times he just handed me stuff for nothing!
    Now he did more than G.S.Ever did and for less than half the price.
    I will let ya know how it works after it gets wet.
    B.T.W. I did send my budy to G.S. Mistake

rivercrazy
    What kind of parts did you install in your pump?

HBjet
    Originally posted by Blown Sleek:
    another guy I found in Havasu and he costs a fraction as much
    Originally posted by Blown Sleek:
    I have used R.C. Marine for a few things over the years.
    Are you talking about Radio Controlled boats? I could see the parts costing less on those things. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Honestly, there are a lot of good pump builders, and they have a lot of happy customers. Just like any profession, there is going to be the customer where either the customer has some sort if issue with that builder, or the build dropped the ball, so the customer will never go back there. Thanks for your imput, but I have never heard of RC Marine in Havasu, and I would think he would be just as expensive givin his location, what other choices are people going to have when there is a problem in Havasu. BTW, are there any other pump guys in Havasu?
    HBjet

fat rat
    Blown Sleek, if you don't mind me asking.......what did you spend $1800. for thats giving you "Night Mares"....was it the fact that you spent the money....or were you dissatisfied with what you got in return. I'm just curious.......Thanx

1quickjet
    BS, there have been a few who have tried to ruin Greg's name and reputation on these boards. Fortunately, for those who have plenty of experience with GS Marine, those claims have been misunderstandings, owners mistakes or just bull. Saying GS Marine is pricey, is not an unreasonable claim. Although in my opinion and experience (in the boat biz and in life), "you get what you pay for" has always been true. Greg did not get his reputation by being some "cheap" shop that nobody has ever heard of. But saying Greg is a "thief" is out of line. Greg happens to be a very honest businessman, and always stands behind his work. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there has to be more to this story, like others. As for myself, I will take quality work, and a reputation I can trust over an unknown "cheap" shop anyday. And in my opinion, GS Marine is not far off what most others charge. BTW, not bashing your shop, just suggesting that your claims not be without adequate explaination. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

DickDanger
    I would agree with 1QuickJet, it IS a bit pricey, but when he did my pump last summer, it was a first rate job all the way. He took the time to hang out and answer my questions for about 30-40 minutes, walk me around the shop, and I know that the guy is busy as hell. Anyhow, whatever your disagreements are, I would like to hear them, instead of just calling someone a thief, with no justification. Just my .02. -DD out

SPECTRABRENT
    I can't say anything bad about the man, he fixed my boat at the Jet Boat Regatta @ Bluewater a couple of years ago for nothin.
    I explained to Greg how the boat was running during the registration on Friday nite and he said to go have fun, your boat will be fixed in the morning. I go out to my boat the next morning and sure enough it was fixed. Greg did not even treat himself to a cold one out of the ice chest nor would he take a dime for his trouble. I would take my boat to GS Marine anytime.
    Brent
    [This message has been edited by SPECTRABRENT (edited February 07, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by SPECTRABRENT (edited February 08, 2002).]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast