Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you post pic's on ***boat??

HOOTER SLED-
    BUmped up for famaffair.

Tahiti350
    I'm figuring out my posting problem piece by piece.
    Problem # 1. Old computer with old hardware and software trying to run new technology.
    Fix # 1. Talked to the I/M at work, he suggested swapping my 8X cd for the 32X out of a freeby computer I have in storage, that way it MIGHT read the CD/RW discs I'm trying to use. Also suggested upgrading software to at least Windows 98, since I have the install discs. Will be working on these this weekend.
    Problem # 2. New technolgy: I'm lost here, learning more with each mistake.
    Problem # 3. Just figured out that my camera is taking pictures at high resolution, like each pic is between 650-700 KB, about 2200x1580 pixels!!!! And I don't have any photo editing programs!!! I found this out when I transfered the pic's to floppies so my POS computer could read them, and only got 2-3 pictures per disc!!! Now I have to read the camera instructions and figure out how to back the resolutuion down.
    Anyone have idieas how I can get the pic's I have resized so I can post them?????
    One again, I'm computer challenged, and the computer is still winning.

Kim Hanson
    It should be in settings and pick the 1 star not the 5...........( . )( . ).....5 is huge pictures

Debbolas
    I'm figuring out my posting problem piece by piece.
    Problem # 1. Old computer with old hardware and software trying to run new technology.
    Fix # 1. Talked to the I/M at work, he suggested swapping my 8X cd for the 32X out of a freeby computer I have in storage, that way it MIGHT read the CD/RW discs I'm trying to use. Also suggested upgrading software to at least Windows 98, since I have the install discs. Will be working on these this weekend.
    Problem # 2. New technolgy: I'm lost here, learning more with each mistake.
    Problem # 3. Just figured out that my camera is taking pictures at high resolution, like each pic is between 650-700 KB, about 2200x1580 pixels!!!! And I don't have any photo editing programs!!! I found this out when I transfered the pic's to floppies so my POS computer could read them, and only got 2-3 pictures per disc!!! Now I have to read the camera instructions and figure out how to back the resolutuion down.
    Anyone have idieas how I can get the pic's I have resized so I can post them?????
    One again, I'm computer challenged, and the computer is still winning.
    Don't give up the fight!!
    There are many photo software programs to resize pics, some actually come with the digital camera You can resize the picture, and then upload it to the image center. Some peeps on board can help you if e-mail them your photo...you could start a thread with this. I know Ahhell has a photo resizing program, I don't, or I would help you out....
    Good Luck!
    Deb

Tahiti350
    Problem right now is that I can't download from my camera to my computer. Non-compatablity issue. Once I upgrade to W-98 i will be able to down load, and have reset my camera to a smaller file setting that (I hope) will be more useful here. Spent less than 5 minutes reading adn found like 5 things aabout it that I didn't know :hammerhea !!!!
    I am going to try to post a couple of the pic's I have to HB pics adn see what happens......
    Back in a few, I hope.. :220v:

Debbolas
    Luv ya, BUT
    why do men NEVER read the directions?
    lol/jk
    I still can't retrieve my phone messages from my cell phone, it just escapes me

Tahiti350
    Hey, I figured out how to turn it on (the camera----), and got it to take pictures, AND how to view them. What more did I need to know??
    Me: "Hey honey, did you know the camera has a 3:1 digital zoom!!!??" :boxed:
    Yeah, okay, maybe I should have read the directions first, then I could be posting instead of :cry: about not being able to post.
    Kim,
    Mine is Good, Better, Best (3:2), and Best (frickin huge). Think I am going to try at the Better setting and see what happens, but willl take the same shots at Good, JUST IN CASE :devil:
    Of course it's raining today, so can't get any good pic's, and I'm not pulling it out of the carport in the rain, cuz it might get WET.

Link to some free photo software links (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ght=free+photo)
    Ideally for forum you should resize to 600-750 wide max and try to keep file size around 150K or less (100 is better) :smile:

Kim Hanson
    Hey, I figured out how to turn it on (the camera----), and got it to take pictures, AND how to view them. What more did I need to know??
    Me: "Hey honey, did you know the camera has a 3:1 digital zoom!!!??" :boxed:
    Yeah, okay, maybe I should have read the directions first, then I could be posting instead of :cry: about not being able to post.
    Kim,
    Mine is Good, Better, Best (3:2), and Best (frickin huge). Think I am going to try at the Better setting and see what happens, but willl take the same shots at Good, JUST IN CASE :devil:
    Of course it's raining today, so can't get any good pic's, and I'm not pulling it out of the carport in the rain, cuz it might get WET.
    Best is good if you have some software to down size, give this a shot The Gimp (http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/) If you have any problems let me know.......( . )( . )........ :chi:

HOOTER SLED-
    BUmped up again for EXTREMEBOATS. Read it dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast