Thread: Anyone with a placecraft deck boat

wrightnow
    Looking to get some feed back on placecraft's deck boat with a jet. I may be looking to get one, have not rode in one yet but was wondering what the experience was working the mfg, how you like the boat, anything you would have done differant.
    Thanks
    Mark

hack job
    Looking to get some feed back on placecraft's deck boat with a jet. I may be looking to get one, have not rode in one yet but was wondering what the experience was working the mfg, how you like the boat, anything you would have done differant.
    Thanks
    Mark
    mark iam sure if you wanted to ride in one the guys at placecraft could put you in contact with some one that has one or take you out for a test ride in one. its looking like a couple of us are heading out to smellsomemore this sunday maybe you could hook it up for then ?
    you could talk to jack i know he has worked on at least one

wrightnow
    I'v spoke to placecraft already and there are setting up a ride, i was just looking to see what a current owner thought about the boat with a jet and what they would have done differant if anything...
    i will let you know about sunday....
    Mark

nascar97
    A friend of mine has frank places old deck boat with a jet and a 502 and it wont even get out of its own way it takes awhile to get on plane :cry:

Second "PLACE"
    I just took delivery in December of my new 2005 PLACECRAFT. Weather permitting I may go out to play locally on Sunday. I'd be happy to take you for a ride. LOT'S of fun PM me with your e-mail adress and I'll send a few pics.
    This boat works BEST with an I/O, but if you are going have them build you a pump boat I'd suggest a 502 or bigger....just my .02

I just took delivery in December of my new 2005 PLACECRAFT. Weather permitting I may go out to play locally on Sunday. I'd be happy to take you for a ride. LOT'S of fun PM me with your e-mail adress and I'll send a few pics.
    This boat works BEST with an I/O, but if you are going have them build you a pump boat I'd suggest a 502 or bigger....just my .02
    Second Place
    What other boats did you research before you made your decision on the 22'
    Deckboat? Did you take a look at the Ultra 23' Deckboat? If so what did you like about the 22 Deckboat that solidified your decision? I have only seen pictures of the Placecraft and the Ultra but they both look very clean. Hope to check them both out at the boat show. If you happen to know what is the base price for the 22' Deckboat with a 496 HO I/O?
    Wrightnow
    If you haven’t you should also check out the 21' Ultra Deckboat if you are set on going with a jet. However, IMO it is strickly a (lower river) boat.

100+Placecraft
    I've had mine for almost 4 years. I'm totally happy with it.
    And it has no problem getting out of its own way!
    Mines an I/O though so I dont know if my 2cents are worth anything.
    Second Place, did you get yours out??? Its only a few more weeks and we'll be back out!!

Squirtin Thunder
    A friend of mine has frank places old deck boat with a jet and a 502 and it wont even get out of its own way it takes awhile to get on plane :cry:
    So it has a gutless 502 yeppy. Those are quite retarted as a HO engine goes. 450hp so that meens about 380 - 400 lake hp !!! Not very impressive. I would at least opped for a ZZ502 for that application.
    Just about any boat could and would be a dog without the right setup.
    Jim

nascar97
    st yah it has a 502 with a paxton super charger on it and it go's no where you would think it has the rigth set up on it being that it was Frank Places own boat just my opinoin!