Thread: Trailer Tires and Rims.

dmontzsta
    Anyone know a place that sells a variety of them? I need to buy tires and I am thinking of upgrading the rims also, they are 13's.

moneysucker
    Discount tire is where I get mine. If you get rims too go with a size that is more common where the tires will be cheaper. I use radials. They rotate and balance anytime I want. For small boats Bias plys do not make sense especially on a tandem axle trailer. Rims and tires was the first stop when I bought my boat. Had to match the truck. I'm sick, I need help.

dmontzsta
    Discount tire is where I get mine. If you get rims too go with a size that is more common where the tires will be cheaper. I use radials. They rotate and balance anytime I want. For small boats Bias plys do not make sense especially on a tandem axle trailer. Rims and tires was the first stop when I bought my boat. Had to match the truck. I'm sick, I need help.
    Thanks, I will check them out.
    I dont know if you are sick, or just have butt loads of money you need to spend.
    :shift:

LHC30Victory
    As far as the tires go, stick with Goodyear Marathons. They may cost a little more that lower end tires, but the peace of mind should make up for it.

dmontzsta
    As far as the tires go, stick with Goodyear Marathons. They may cost a little more that lower end tires, but the peace of mind should make up for it.
    Thanks for the advice, I will look in to those and see what sizes they offer.

flatnfast
    i just replaced my 4 tires and they (our local tire shop) said wide 13"s are hard to find, took him a week to locate my size. just a note

Chase
    Make sure you take note if you are upsizing, that the new ones fit in the fenders. Consider the bigger diameter and offset with diffrent wheels..