Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE Jones Starfire Flatbottom

GofastRacer
    forget the R&D on the jacket ,I would,nt want the K P job that would be in the boat :frown: messy job!!!! It would probably look like someone threw TACO BELL in the floor of the boat C,MON!!!!
    LMAO!..

mcfrance
    Doug Jancura's fast Starfire has sold. Thanks for all the comments. See it race this summer on the Region 10, APBA circuit!!!!

Ok guys whats a starfire

Roman 1
    Ok guys whats a starfire
    The Jones "Starfire" is an amazing little boat. They're shorter than the usual circle racers and have fixed plates with the left side extending back really far. They are common in the northwest since that is where they were conceived. I think the first ones were built in the 60's.
    R1

CircleJerk
    And not all Starfires were 16 foot racers.....in the 60s a family ski version was made with a totaly different deck with seating for five and a length of 17'8. I just found a beauty in a boat house, metalflake green and pristine! They must have had two hull and deck molds or this was simply discontinued.

stickmann
    The 18' ski boat was discontinued because they would not sell. Steve Jones disposed of the molds before I went to work for him in '74. My brother has one which he is restoring. It has a bottom and deck completely unlike that of the race boat.

MikeF
    Is there any reason why the hulls were set up w/ fixed cav plates vs' moveable ones?

wsuwrhr
    I know where another one is with a NICE 440.
    Brian
    My previous neighbor's boat looked as long as my jet. 17-19 foot or so.
    I am pretty sure his boat had a movable cav plate.
    Brian

lilrick
    where are all of the pics ? goddammit!

CircleJerk
    The 18' ski boat was discontinued because they would not sell. Steve Jones disposed of the molds before I went to work for him in '74. My brother has one which he is restoring. It has a bottom and deck completely unlike that of the race boat.
    This explains it. Why I hadnt seen any! So any idea how many are left? I will tell Vern how rare his boat is, some of you may know him. Great Guy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast