Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glen-coe Boats

mdlfnsatx
    can any one give me or direct me to where i can get some info on these boats, i have one and would like to get some onfo on them...

Can't give much info. I almost bought an 18' that was in real nice shape. I've seen some of their bigger day cruisers, but that's about it. It seems like you don't see a whole lot of em out there.
    What size is your boat?

mdlfnsatx
    thats what im seeming to find. i dont really know much about them or boats in general,im not sure of the size, i got this project really cheap with a rebuilt 455, but i wanted to find if there are certain things to check before i get buried in this. what i can say is ive always had fast street cars, but this is a lot more FUN. i cant wait to get it done over the next few months and hit the water and blow some rooster tails. so if any one has suggestions or comments good or bad please let me hear them.

This is like the hull I almost bought. The one I was looking at was in almost perfect condition visually though. The person that told me it was for sale bought it out from under me while I was arranging my financing (post divorce problems for me at the time). I was pissed.
    A week after she bought it, the Olds gave up the ghost and sent a rod through the pan. She had it rebuilt and sold it immediately afterward. Haven't seen it since.
    It wasn't fast, but made a nice ski boat and rode pretty well in the chop.
    http://i22.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/ag/a2/2f_12.JPG

mdlfnsatx
    its like that except its red,and has a wraparound fron wind screen. how long is that one, its appears to be the same length by comparing it on trailer to mine on trailer.

It's an 18' I believe. That's what the seller listed it as. Also the same as the 18' I almost bought. The one I looked at didn't have a windscreen either.
    Here's a copy of the Advertisement (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...50443QQcmdZVie wItem)

That's a splash of Mr Weiman's 17 footer. Well, 17' and change, and you're right it was called an 18. Stretched Tahiti bottom, and a new deck. You can see the beginings of the trademark 'Rogers' rounded sides where they meet the transom (the 'tumblehome') that would come later with his own 18 footer.
    Glencoe must have built a bunch of boats because they were everywhere back in the day. Friend of mine got one right out of high school, '74, and I had the used '71 Weiman, exactly the same. Mine was blue and silver and his was blue and white, same target as the one squirtcha posted. Great riding boat. Blew mine up first time in the water.
    Were they built in Cypress? For some reason that rings a bell. Is there an ID tag on your boat mdlfnsatx?

mdlfnsatx
    yeah theres a tag, i just need to figure out the numbers and what they mean
    270134 are the numbers on tag

Put the letters/numbers up here. Maybe Old Rigger can help you decipher them.

mdlfnsatx
    these are pics of boat, sorry for quality, used camera phone on overcast day. hope this helps you help me. :devil:
    also the pump has jc12b on the tag and a bushwacker label as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast