Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ding Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner!

Charley
    Dave was working the crowd into a frenzie.......
    http://www.chippendales.de/content/e...tasy05-web.jpg
    yaya Rocky is just jealous cause his wife says his best chance of being a member of the thunder from down under is a late night after "MUCHO" Taco Bell
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ating2-med.jpg

convincor
    Are you saying this boat is not gel coat?
    the 33 was painted by brian dunn of fresno (rob you were right )... his company is called "who dunn it?"... most recognizably he painted the skater "sweeper"...
    and for all of you saying that the 33 has a 500k price tag... full retail on that boat is 430k... :idea: it just might be obtainable for less

mbrown2
    Are you saying this boat is not gel coat?
    Yes, the paint job is not in the gel coat, it was painted after the boat came out of the mold.

kidstuf
    Brian Dunn painted the boat, he's located in Madera, CA just outside of Fresno. Brian's number is 559.822.2011. The shop is called Bullet Fiberglass and "Brian Dunn It". This paint job is sick! He did a wild one on his own 25' Daytona. He does the best yellow to orange/red fades of anybody I've ever seen.
    Does excellent work and is pretty fast. He's done some Skaters, lots of Daycruisers and quite a bit of other work. He painted my Hemi motors for me and a couple of trucks.
    Thanks,
    Dustin Whipple
    dustin - have you seen your boat yet?? :sqeyes: it looks good!!! :wink:

kidstuf
    BTW: The most impressive boat in the show IMO was the big Eliminator cruiser. The cabin was incredible.
    THANK YOU havasu cig!!! you should ride in it!! most people don't give it a chance, considering it's so random in our line up, but i really think it came out awesome... :wink:

Havasu Cig
    I would love to ride in it, maybe someday. My other 1/2 actually got to see it in Havasu at the Nautical, she talked to you for a few minutes and looked around the boat. Tony C. had also told me about it, but it was even more impressive in person. If I was in the market for a big cruiser or sportfisher it would definitely be on my list. Good luck with it.

convincor
    How about the DCB's with the capped frts & rears with no rub rail? Are these boats gel or paint?
    Yes, the paint job is not in the gel coat, it was painted after the boat came out of the mold.

mbrown2
    How about the DCB's with the capped frts & rears with no rub rail? Are these boats gel or paint?
    The ones in the current boat show are all gel....I only remember two paint boats from DCB...the first 29 and a 28 that looked like the Bicardi Silver Boat...

convincor
    Do they fill the seam after they come out of the mold, then spray the gel from the top side?

mbrown2
    Do they fill the seam after they come out of the mold, then spray the gel from the top side?
    Not sure...maybe someone else will chime in...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast