Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware all DNE customers

wrightnow
    I think most of the board knows of DNE motors and the quality of motors he builds, I must warn eveyone of how DNE does business regarding his quoting and final billing.
    I sat down with DNE and had Dave give me a quote regarding a re-build which I thought was a far price. It took 9 months to received my motor (5 months late) and I had payed what we had agreed upon. DNE build exacly what we had talked about 9 months earlyer, no change in the plan.
    Well 2 month later after i had received my motor I received a copy of my final invoice and it was more than double what DNE had quoted me and all DNE could say was look it over. Over the 9 month build I was at DNE's shop many many times and never did DNE say anything about the motor cost doubling.
    THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO BUSINESS
    Afer making a more than fair offer to settle the differance DNE is taking me to court, which will not be good for DNE, past DNE customer and myself.
    Sorry to do this but I will be contacting past DNE customers and requiring them to show up in court to give their stories of how DNE has miss lead them into building a motor for one price and then charging another price.
    DNE has done the many times in the past couple of years and it cannot continue..
    Mark

moneysucker
    I learned on my first motor build, (not DNE) Quote in writing. That is the only way you have legal action. And on that quote you have on there when you sign that all changes are to be in writing too. I had the same thing happen to me and the diference was 2 times the amount agreed upon and I was just a poor kid and that amount of money was hard to pull together in a short amount of time. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck.

wrightnow
    Well after sending DNE another check and my offer to settle (which DNE declined) I spoke to a Attorney about this and was told to cancle the check file with the state of cal. (BAR) and that all changes from the quote must be approved in writing. No changes wher made, nothing verbal or on writing was ever coverd.
    It's just a shame it comes down to this. The differance from what I offered and what DNE wanted was very small and i can't beleive we are going to courte over it. The Attorney fees just to file are more than the differance was.
    Mark

Shark In The Pond
    That is a shame ,hope it works out for you the "customer " but as we have all seen with this type of thread might have to get the popcorn ready could get ugly :eat: good luck .

LVjetboy
    Sorry to hear about your problems Mark.
    My quote was close to the final invoice, the difference because the original quote was for a 496 and I decided halfway thru to switch to a 540. Presto! $1800 more. I also went with some optional stuff like TBC coating not included in original quote. When I got the final invoice, I went thru comparing big ticket items against prices on the net...all checked out. Labor costs are a gray area, and Dave's not cheap, but the total hours seemed reasonable to me...and final labor cost compared well with oringinal quote once added work accounted for.
    Sorry your experience was different. And the lawyer thing seems a bit overkill. But if you force? me to testify, I may just be a hostle witness.
    jer

Squirtin Thunder
    But if you force? me to testify, I may just be a hostle witness.
    jer
    No way !!!!

77468sleekcraft
    DUDE I FEEL YOUR PAIN IVE GONE THROUGH IT ALSO ACCEPT IT WAS WITH MY CAR MOTER ,MY ORDEAL LASTED ABOUT 2 YEARS WITH A BOUNCH OF MY $$$$$$ ALREADY IN THERE HANDS I WAS AT THERE MERCY ,I HAD THE GUY BUILDING MY CAR SAYING HE NEEDED THE MOTOR BEFORE HE WOULD GET GOING AND THE GUY BUILDING MY MOTOR SAYING HE WANTED THE CAR READY BEFORE HE WOULD GET TO WORK .GOD IT WAS A MESS AND WHEN THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SHIT IT MAKES IT A LITTLE TOUCHY TO THREATEN THEM. AND I KNOW YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I MEAN.OH WELL IT ALL ENDED UP KIND OF OK I COULDNT REALLY DO MUCH ABOUT THE MOTER BUT THE GUY BUILDING MY CAR KEPT LEAVING IT OUTSIDE IN THE WEATHER AND THINGS HAD BEEN STOLEN OFF OF THE CAR AND THE WEATHER DID SOME DAMAGE TO ,I HAD ASKED HIM A MILLION TIMES TO NOT LEAVE IT OUTSIDE SO AFTER I FELT ENOUGH OF HIS TIME-MONEY- PARTS- AND LABOR HAD BEEN DONE I DECIDED THAT IF HE LEFT MY CAR OUT ONE MORE TIME THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE MY TURN,SO MY BROTHER AND I DROVE BY EARLY THE NEXT MORNING AND THERE IT WAS SITTING OUTSIDE I WAS F--N PISSED OFF FOR THE LAST TIME WHEN I GOT UP TO THE CAR I NOTICED THAT MY SHIFTER HANDEL WAS GONE SO I SAID F///K IT THATS IT WE DROVE ABOUT 2 BLOCKS UP THE ROAD AND HIRED A FLAT BED TO TAKE IT BACK TO MY HOUSE WHEN THE DUDE FIGURED OUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED HE WAS PISSED AND THRETENED TO CALL THE COPS BUT HE NEW THAT HE HAD JERKED ME AROUND ALOT AND THAT NOW I HELD ALL THE CARDS :lightsabe .SO WITH ME NOW ABLE TO THREATEN HIM ALL I WANTED FOR SOME REASON HE DECIDED THAT HE DIDNT WANT TO PERSUE THE SITUATION ANY MORE AND MAN WOULD YOU BELEIVE IT HES NOT IN BUSSINUESS ANYMORE..

Sanger D
    I gave up on engine builders along time ago,the good ones that are trust worthy and know there shit are so high priced that only big money people can afford them and the cheaper guys are ussually like the gentlemen you,ve encountered here!!!MY advise to anyone is EDUCATE YOURSELF!!! have a plan and don,t deviate from it,find a repittable machine shop and get your stuff prepped ( machined ,balanced,all mocked up) and start assembling it yourself!!!you,ll be a better mind for doing so!!their are so many people to answer questions and help you,youcan rent just about any tool you need if you dont have it and you will have great satisfaction in running something YOU biult!!theres too many nice people out there to help ,than having to pay some speed shop who ussually wont even tell you what he did to you motor,its a stressful but well worth opportunity to build a motor yourself,no excuses,!!make the time and take your time doin it,it will be easier on your wallet and your head :smile: most good machine shops will help you along the way of assembly to make sure you don,t make any mistakes and if you have a son its a awsome thing to bond with them doing it,(or girl ,wife)GOOD LUCK in dealing with this guy and thanks for the heads up!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Good Post SangerD !!!

Cas
    I don't think DNE is one of the "cheaper guys". DNE has a pretty darn good reputation as a shop to go to for building a real good engine. Since I've never had any dealings with them, I'm not about to comment on their business practices.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast