Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trailer welding

challengerjet
    kona, i've got a 1979 18.5' orange and white, with the normal scallop stripe up the bow. I bought it for 1500.00 a little over a yr ago, i put a new interior in, tunnel ram with dual 750's, starter, coil, fuel pump and just your basic bolt on stuff to clean it up. it's turned out pretty killer in my opinion but there still are a few things that i need to work on. the previous owner put v-drive headers on it and they scorched the transom and they need to be replaced but just haven't gotten there yet. i bought a place diverter for it at the pomona swap meet for 150.00 minus the cable and plan on installing that in the next couple of weeks. it runs great and has so far been pretty reliable. i gps'd her at 68.5 at 6000 rpm, but i think my tach is off. i'm hoping that the diverter will give me 70 but won't be disappointed if it doesn't.
    as far as the rack, i can go measure it up if you'd like, it was built by my buddy and is freakin bullet proof, it's a basic 4 post style meant to go over the trailer axels, it has expanded metal flooring, and runners for the ski's. it also has a gas can rack on the front as well. i'm in anaheim and if you'd like come check it out and make me an offer, like i said, it's not mine but i've got approval to take whatever is offered for it.
    i'm out.
    cjet

OneBadScorpion
    I added 48" onto the 3 rails on the trailer on the front of my picklefork trailer(just cut with saw and added in) for that exact purpose,(Yam 750 waverunner) because we got tired of using 2 cars to go out to the lake for a weekend.
    When we did that we also added 2 braces to the wooden runners as we put the boat onto the trailer since we dont pull it up as far(weight slightly more to the rear to offset the additional weight) any longer due to the tongue weight although before the modification the tongue weight was 280# and with the ski it was 550#. I use a class 4 stle hitch that we welded direct to the frame of the SUV since I pull a race-car trailer too.Problem is if ya dont have a wheel on the trailer to wheel the front round it takes 3 men and 2 small boys to move the trailer now or a good dolly!
    Most welders will charge you by the job, or about 25 Hrs/hr, cut your metal to length, have some plans drawn so "the welder" isnt guessing, but I'd say materials and time should get ya close to 350.00--Kansas Money anyhow.

challengerjet
    hey kona, are you still interested in the rack?
    cjet

19Kona
    yes, still interested. Just did my taxes yesterday and I need to pay those before toys. It will be a month or two before I recover. It seems the more I make the less I have. Thats it, I quit.

challengerjet
    kona, i need to get it the hell out of here it's in my parking lot. i'll make you a deal, you haul it, you can have it, and owe me one down the road. give me a call.
    714-630-3118
    Jamie(cjet)

challengerjet,
    how you been?
    Did you ever get that fin installed? And more importantly, how's the baby doing??

challengerjet
    OR, doing very well, how 'bout yourself? i was at the LB swap meet last week and wondered if i'd see ya. been trying to avoid this place, just been lurking, to much bs going on in here.
    the fin is still sitting in my garage waiting for you to help me install it. i've been real hesitant about ripping up my floor since it doesn't need it. i bought a place diverter at pomona a few weeks ago and am gonna attempt to get it installed this weekend. i bought a new dirt bike in sept and have not even taken the cover off of the boat since. any luck on the spectra? last time we talked you were kickin the idea around. as for the baby, he's awesome, don't want to sound all sappy but fatherhood is about the coolest thing ever. he'll be a year this month and i can't believe i made it through it. he's got some words down and is just about to walk and i think that's when the trouble will really begin.
    cjet

19Kona
    Challenger,
    I will call you tomorrow from work. Will it fit in the back of my s-10? The price is right, I can make it fit. Anyway, I can come and get it this weekend or Friday, what ever works better for you.

challengerjet
    kona, bring lots of straps, rope, and an open mind to how we can load it and we'll make it fit. are you close to anaheim? i'm right off the 91 and tustin. i'll wait to hear from you tomorrow and we'll work out the details.
    jamie

Blown Sleek
    I have a all steal top carrier.
    It is on my trailer now and we could cut it off and weld it to you'r trailer.
    I am in Lake Forest and will sell it cheap.
    It is seriously bullet proof with electric winch. The most stout I have seen. (put you'r whole boat on top!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast