Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: engine input...

Domn8er
    I put this in the tech forums but didn't get too many responses...
    I don't know much about blown engines. I was told yesterday (Saturday) at the boat show it is better to build horsepower on the outside of the block rather than inside. And that bigger ci is more torque and that will cause more problems. I have a guy that can build an engine with a 540 ci block that will put out 702 hp naturally aspirated. So my question is, should I go with the bigger displacement with out the blower or should I get a smaller block maybe 509 and get it blown? I also want longevity out of the engine.

4-B
    I say go with the big horse power and the blower :devil:

Tom Brown
    Why not have the best of all worlds?
    Go with a setback bracket and an outboard.

Domn8er
    I say go with the big horse power and the blower :devil:
    I've heard good and bad things about blown engines so I want to get peoples input on them. Again, I want longevity and as little problems as possible (and yes I know it is a boat so that is impossilbe). :hammerhea

good question i have had both a 454 blown making around 750+ and now a 509 na making 620.mysef i would go with the bigger cubes with out the blower.

Tom Brown
    Blowers require maintenance. The frequency of this maintenance varies with the capacity of the blower.
    I'm surprised your question didn't generate a ton of great input in Gear Heads.

Sleek-Jet
    I'm surprised your question didn't generate a ton of great input in Gear Heads.
    They are all dreaming about Fiat's billet dildo.... :220v:

Tom Brown
    Oh boy... that's good.

Midlife Advantage
    I put this in the tech forums but didn't get too many responses...
    I don't know much about blown engines. I was told yesterday (Saturday) at the boat show it is better to build horsepower on the outside of the block rather than inside. And that bigger ci is more torque and that will cause more problems. I have a guy that can build an engine with a 540 ci block that will put out 702 hp naturally aspirated. So my question is, should I go with the bigger displacement with out the blower or should I get a smaller block maybe 509 and get it blown? I also want longevity out of the engine.
    Hey brutha, the guy to talk to is Shaken not Stirred, he does more research on engines than he should! Paul Pfaff built his latest engine, it has a Whipple on it and he's pretty happy.

Domn8er
    Hey brutha, the guy to talk to is Shaken not Stirred, he does more research on engines than he should! Paul Pfaff built his latest engine, it has a Whipple on it and he's pretty happy.
    sup Tim? Cool, thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast