Thread: Gators in Lake Conroe?

1stepcloser
    I'm not from Texas, my brother sent me this and I had to share.
    This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe!
    (For those of you who are not local, Lake Conroe is in Conroe, TX ... Just north of Houston) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go water-skiing on Lake Conroe?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/398Gator.bmp
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...398Gator_2.bmp

OldFaithful Squirter
    The photo is real but it was taken by a U.S. Fish & Wildlife Officer in the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge 40 miles south of Savannah Ga.
    It was not lake Conroe, these pictures have floated all over the internet and each time it is on a different lake?? My guess is this quote is more correct! Regardless just make your plans this year to attend JET FEST 2005 on Lake Corpus Christi you definitely wont encounter anything like that gator!
    But at JET FEST 2005 you will encounter a lot of things like this!!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...13DSCF5034.JPG
    So guess we will see you all at JET FEST 2005!

switchin'addiction
    Right on Squirter!

wrenchdaddy
    Well i dunno about lake Conroe but I know there are gators in lake Hosuton, my girlfriends dad saw one jump off a log when he was fishing on the south side over by the dam in a cove somewhere. He said it was about 5-6 feet long. YIKES, I used to live on that lake too, never did liek it though, too muddy.

ss19crew
    I'm not from Texas, my brother sent me this and I had to share.
    This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe!
    (For those of you who are not local, Lake Conroe is in Conroe, TX ... Just north of Houston) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go water-skiing on Lake Conroe?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.
    I spent 9 Years living in corpus and have gone wakeboarding quite a few times in lake conroe at night under the q-beam lights :crossx: :crossx: talk about wanting not to fall..

OldFaithful Squirter
    The photo is real but it was taken by a U.S. Fish & Wildlife Officer in the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge 40 miles south of Savannah Georgia

Liberator TJ1984
    You can see some in Choke Canyon Lake,Three Rivers Tx. usually at North end of Park..
    Haven't seen any on Lake Corpus Christi ( Mathis ) but I have seen at least two in the Lakeside Village RV park right below the Dam on Mr.Edmonson,s land a few years back....... I would guess there has to be more ??? in
    the area ???

ss19crew
    You can see some in Choke Canyon Lake,Three Rivers Tx. usually at North end of Park..
    Haven't seen any on Lake Corpus Christi ( Mathis ) but I have seen at least two in the Lakeside Village RV park right below the Dam on Mr.Edmonson,s land a few years back....... I would guess there has to be more ??? in
    the area ???
    I have seen them in conroe but they were few and far between. Never did see any in lake CC though

Back Forty
    Thats one of those southern deer... Chances are that swimming suit case isn't very big considering most deer down there are about as big as a toy poodle... :hammerhea