Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear ring inspection

HammerDown
    With all the force it take's to get the wear ring in w/insulator...how the heck could it spin? Unless there was contact between the Impeller and wear ring, it gauled, grabed then spun.

Jet Hydro
    I`d just put an ULTIMATE WEAR RING in that thing and forget about it. I just don't like the idea of the nylon insulator and I hate the idea of metal on metal when the impeller comes in contact with the ware ring for what ever reason.

Unchained
    I took out the wear ring and it doesn't show any signs of contacting the impeller OD. It looks like 1/3 of the insulator was gone.
    It does look like after the insulator pushed through, the wear ring was allowed to tip back slightly and touch the leading edge of the step in the impeller which prevented it from going any farther.
    I think I caught it just in time and the impeller and wear ring both look good as new so I just have to reassemble with something better.
    The bowl pressure must have been out of sight to push that insulator out like that without spinning the wear ring.
    At the end of the year I did have some irregular water temps.
    I'm going to pull the water lines off and see if there's a piece in there like Kojak mentioned.

Heatseeker
    ...MPD machined the shaft they machined it a further forward just for that reason.
    Jake
    That was going to be my next question! :shift:
    Better watch the cheerleading..."you know who" will come on here and make a pissin' contest out of it !
    Mark, you haven't commented on the Ultimate Wear Ring. Have you considered one? I'm just curious what you thought about them.

Unchained
    Mark, you haven't commented on the Ultimate Wear Ring. Have you considered one? I'm just curious what you thought about them.
    I talked to Duane and I'm checking into one.
    A one piece setup makes more sense to me.
    I never expected that the insulator would actually push out from the setup I had.
    They always seem to be such a tight fit.

1tricky1
    I ran one for the first time this past summer. It was my first experience installing an impeller and it worked out great for me!
    For those who may not be aware, once you go with the ultimate wear ring the impeller must be machined to match the wear ring. Duane at HTP did mine.

Jake W2
    John I an just happy with what I paid them to do nothing wrong with that.
    Jake

fellas I'll tell ya the ultimate wear ring worked great for me ! :smile: popped it in, and it was on, no problems and was my first pump rebuild!! :wink:
    Markist

Jake W2
    This is nothing aginst the Ultmate ware ring.
    There is nothing hard about putting in a regular Berkeley warering.
    Jake

Jet Hydro
    This is nothing aginst the Ultmate ware ring.
    There is nothing hard about putting in a regular Berkeley warering.
    Jake
    But why waste your time?????
    The Ultimate ware ring is the only way to go!!!
    Easy to install, ((((( I know Duane hates it when I say this but))))) You can set the Ultimate ware ring tighter and have a better pump if you know what your doing.....
    Disclaimer on tighter "NOT FOR EVERYONE"....."Only if you know what your doing!!!!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast