Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Kind Is This Boat??

taxman
    OK lets share the biatch!!!!!!

MoJetBoPar
    It looks very similar to a 60's Rayson Craft "J-hull". They both have that "not pointy" keel line that drops abruptly down from the bow tip and rolls under.
    Very little to nothing is common with a 440RB when you're talking a "early" Hemi. There were more than 20 different displacements offered total by the Dodge/Desoto/Chrylser brands. The 331/354/392 were Chrysler brand (Imperial, Windsor, New Yorker and whatever) specific and used primarily in all the legendary race applications. There's actually more in common with the Mopar smallblock (318 Poly, 273/318/340/360 LA) than big block. some of those early Hemi's had extended crankshaft flanges and the area at the bellhousing for Marine/Industrial applications.
    Personally, with my budget, I'd buy it and do a cool 60's retro thing with it using whatever brand motor you want. Nicson/Edelbrock marine hardware is on Ebay all the time. You won't be the fastest but you'll be your own sort of cool.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    THANKS MoJetBoPar..THINKING OF PUTTING A 468 IN IT..DO THE TREW TRANSOM WITH A TUNNEL RAM..I THINK THAT LOOKS SO COOL..THINK IT WILL RIDE OK???ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN MY OLD FLAT..O ALSO IT HAS A FIXED CAV PLATE...IS THAT HARD TO MAKE ADJUSTABE???JUST RANT A COOL RIVER BOAT TO RUN IN THE 80S..

dmontzsta
    THANKS MoJetBoPar..THINKING OF PUTTING A 468 IN IT..DO THE TREW TRANSOM WITH A TUNNEL RAM..I THINK THAT LOOKS SO COOL..THINK IT WILL RIDE OK???ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN MY OLD FLAT..O ALSO IT HAS A FIXED CAV PLATE...IS THAT HARD TO MAKE ADJUSTABE???JUST RANT A COOL RIVER BOAT TO RUN IN THE 80S..
    Old flatties are usually heavy and strong.

MoJetBoPar
    You're welcome!!
    Yeah, that's the same plan for my old flattie. Got a T-ram with twin 600's and the old style Hilborn scoop. All that'll exit through the bigger Nicson 3" logs then on out the transom. Not the racers edge for sure.
    My old flattie is a thick glass-over-plywood-over-glass lay-up. Probably a stone to the racer types here but ragin' vintage 60's cool to me.
    My guess is all you'd need is to get the lever, linkage/hardware and transom seal/sleeve to make the cav. plate adjustable. I've seen auctions of parted out hulls that listed all that hardware in a lot before on Ebay. Heck, I'd think on the west coast you could find that stuff word-of-mouth or at a local swapmeet.

dmontzsta
    You're welcome!!
    Yeah, that's the same plan for my old flattie. Got a T-ram with twin 600's and the old style Hilborn scoop. All that'll exit through the bigger Nicson 3" logs then on out the transom. Not the racers edge for sure.
    My old flattie is a thick glass-over-plywood-over-glass lay-up. Probably a stone to the racer types here but ragin' vintage 60's cool to me.
    My guess is all you'd need is to get the lever, linkage/hardware and transom seal/sleeve to make the cav. plate adjustable. I've seen auctions of parted out hulls that listed all that hardware in a lot before on Ebay. Heck, I'd think on the west coast you could find that stuff word-of-mouth or at a local swapmeet.
    I am debating to keep the wet logs or go over transom with my next motor...I just dont want to rob the motor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123