Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think for CC box

sigepmock
    Alright Roz, Riverbound, and all the rest of you experts....
    I have been trying to find time to build a new sub box for my 03 Chevy crew cab, but just haven't been able to make it happen. Currently I have a Fosgate 12" 800 watt sub behind the seat in a box I made but it was real tight and didn't allow me to build a back to the box and now it rattles real bad and I think the magnet is actually bouncing off the back of the cab. I'm conviced I need to convert to two 10's because of the limited space and because I can't seem to get a weekend free and actually build a box behind the seat I am think of switching to this:
    Premade box (http://www.subthump.com/gmcrew.htm)
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...5crew4-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...5crew2-med.jpg
    It can fit two JL W0 10" subs. I'll be driving them with a Fosgate BD500.1.
    What's your thoughts? The box is $200 delivered to my door. Should I take the easy way out?
    Thanks,
    Chris

riverbound
    I would just have one built if you dont have the time to do it yourelf. I have not had very good luck with those "custom" premade boxes, they never seem to sound right and people end up haveing one built anyways, then you are out $200
    Call "Parker" (Dave) and he can get you set up (909)481-8411

Jordy
    Only 2 10's???? That's 1/2 way there.

Magic34
    My friend just put 2 10" JL W3's behind his seat in a ported box it it frickin pounds for only being 2 10" subs. The box takes up the entire rear area behind the seat, but it sounds really good. I think there is 500 watts to each sub.

sigepmock
    Damn it!! I knew you guys were going to say that.....but that's what I was thinking too, I'll go visit Al and Ed's after work today.
    Thanks for keeping from going the easy way out.
    Chris

Jordy
    Damn it!! I knew you guys were going to say that.....but that's what I was thinking too, I'll go visit Al and Ed's after work today.
    Thanks for keeping from going the easy way out.
    Chris
    Wired for Sound is another option. They did my box and can, I'm sure, knock it out from memory by now. 4 10's back there with the seat in the stock location.

jbtrailerjim
    My friend just put 2 10" JL W3's behind his seat in a ported box it it frickin pounds for only being 2 10" subs. The box takes up the entire rear area behind the seat, but it sounds really good. I think there is 500 watts to each sub.
    I have a those same subs in non-ported box behind my F-150 Super Crew seat and you're right. They hit freakin hard for two 10's.
    Sigepmock, My brother in law owns The Audio Shoppe in Riverside. He did my system in my truck and boat. Let me know if your interested. I'll get you hooked up down there.

sigepmock
    Thanks Jim I let you know. I called Parker(Dave) but he was gone for the day, I PM'd Adam from Wired for Sound a week ago and never heard anything back. Al & Ed's is just down the hill from my house so I'll see what they can do first. Thanks again guys.
    PS Don't buy a Caliber 1 and spread the word about how they do business :argue: :wink:
    Chris

riverbound
    Thanks Jim I let you know. I called Parker(Dave) but he was gone for the day, I PM'd Adam from Wired for Sound a week ago and never heard anything back. Al & Ed's is just down the hill from my house so I'll see what they can do first. Thanks again guys.
    PS Don't buy a Caliber 1 and spread the word about how they do business :argue: :wink:
    Chris
    If you cant get a hold of Parker go Down there and talk to Darren (service manager) tell him you are from hot boat, he will get you taken care of ( he is also on here (84 Schiada)

Jordy
    I PM'd Adam from Wired for Sound a week ago and never heard anything back.
    Adam is so busy right now with his shop and other deals in the works that he doesn't spend much time on the boards. Your best bet is just to call over to the shop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast