Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why is my boat so slow

Not So Fast
    i'm takin my boat in to Magic for some work and i thought i would empty it out. i've always thought that i didnt carry that much crap but when i took it all out this was the results :messedup: 1 olin flare gun, 9 big noodles, blender,craftsman tool case & roll of wrenches,box anchor & gazzilion ft of line, sand spike,2 folding chairs,2 fenders & dock line,table & pedestal,1 paddle(like i could paddle a 28 ft boat),ski flag,12 life vests,6 large towels(color matched of course to boat),1 snorkel & mask,2 first aid kits,15 cool cups, bottle of peroxide, bottle of anti-bacterial soap,2 wind breakers,4 rolls of TP, jumper cables,plastic container of wifes crap(plastic cups,clothes pins,forks & bowls,paper plates ect),gazzilion candle power spot light,asst water toys(footballs,water cannon,frisbees ect.) binoculars, trash bags, large knife, bucket of sand toys, more paper towels, bucket of wipe down rags,10 bottles of sunblock, bag of asst hats!! this what was on board before the beach purses, food, and most important the coolers of beer and 4 or 5 cd cases for music. i dont know why my boat is so slow WTF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

dicudmore
    Mine resembles that remark :hammerhea

phuggit
    You didn't find three Eliminator coozie cups did you? I lost some this year.

WYRD
    how many bikini tops did you find? :crossx:

Mrs.Racer277
    i'm takin my boat in to Magic for some work and i thought i would empty it out. i've always thought that i didnt carry that much crap but when i took it all out this was the results :messedup: 1 olin flare gun, 9 big noodles, blender,craftsman tool case & roll of wrenches,box anchor & gazzilion ft of line, sand spike,2 folding chairs,2 fenders & dock line,table & pedestal,1 paddle(like i could paddle a 28 ft boat),ski flag,12 life vests,6 large towels(color matched of course to boat),1 snorkel & mask,2 first aid kits,15 cool cups, bottle of peroxide, bottle of anti-bacterial soap,2 wind breakers,4 rolls of TP, jumper cables,plastic container of wifes crap(plastic cups,clothes pins,forks & bowls,paper plates ect),gazzilion candle power spot light,asst water toys(footballs,water cannon,frisbees ect.) binoculars, trash bags, large knife, bucket of sand toys, more paper towels, bucket of wipe down rags,10 bottles of sunblock, bag of asst hats!! this what was on board before the beach purses, food, and most important the coolers of beer and 4 or 5 cd cases for music. i dont know why my boat is so slow WTF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
    OMG are you sure you didn't just empty our boat out.

bilgewiper
    I can relate. 14 years ago we bought a 36' Gibson fiberglass houseboat to use as basecamp to our "fun" boat. When we bought it it had nothing but lifejackets in it. It would actually get up and plane out like a skiboat and could actually get somewhere without running the 350SBC up against the redline. Then we added 3 TV's, Galley items, etc etc including 200gallons of gas and water. Still could plane but took 4000rpms. Then the algie grew on its bottom and now it's full displacement all the time with it being happiest just tied to a dock or swinging on the hook somewhere. Weight kills!

AquaBoogie
    When you go to put everything back in this summer, make sure you add thru transom exhaust.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    the usual and customary inventory.
    what slowed you down was the 3 cases of boat sodas and the bevy of honey's dancin on the bow!!!!!!!

Tahiti350
    I must pack light, all I have in the boat is:
    20' rope
    4 life vests
    fire bottle (5 lb)
    paddle
    flare kit
    2 extra props (different pitches for conditions)
    small bundle of tools
    2 sets of "mouse ears" (for hose running)
    1 bright PINK floating prop wrench (thanks PHX ATC)
    Do I need to buy more "STUFF" for my sled to hang with the big dog's??

1978 Rogers
    how many bikini tops did you find? :crossx:
    You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast