My wife, son & I are going to visit family in Texas in April. My wife's sister has this idea that we should move down to Texas to be close to them. I believe they live in Gilbert, near Ft. Worth/Dallas.
So for the hell of it, I looked up homes in the area. HOLLY CRAP, you can get a lot of house down there. We have a victorian house built in 1920, 2 story, 1500 sf, 3 bedroom 1 & 1/2 bathrooms. We put in new carpet, new kitchen and the bathrooms. We bought this 6 years ago for $126,000, we still of $120,000. Homes similar to ours are selling for 180's-low 200K in downtown Puyallup where we live. Our payments are $930 a month, including tax & insurance.
I work for a landscape company. I do all our estimating for larger commercial installation projects, manage projects and will be a licensed Landscape Architect with the State of Washington in 2 months. My wife works in a bank as a teller/loan officer. My question is, would it be worth it to move down to Texas? What do jobs pay? What is the economy like? Also I was born at Harris Hospital in Ft. Worth, so I won't be a transplant.
I feel like I should interview with some landscape companies when I'm in the area, just to see. Any help would be greatly appreciated.