Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living in Texas

1978 Rogers
    There a few lake around here. We drive about 40 minutes to a couple of the close ones. If we want more sunshine we head to Eastern Washington for a long weekend. Drive time 4-5 hours depending on where we want to camp.

blowngas
    What are the lakes like? Would I get ran over.----------it's possible if you're on Lake Travis and on a jet ski!!!--------most places if you have a boat, you're in good shape------wave action more of a problem than getting run over!!

1978 Rogers
    I follow you on the wave action. I've pieced a few waves out here with the bow, when you get in the trough between waves. I get a lap full of water. It's no fun when you have to stay off plain with the bow up in the air going through white caps.

Liberator TJ1984
    Whats the weather typically like? I see today its about the same up here. Sunday shows maybe 71 with clouds. Can you boat all year long? Are season is from April to September. Depending on rain. I remember my mom hating the humidity and heat the summer before I was born down in Texas.
    What are the lakes like? Would I get ran over.
    Whats the weather like ??? well if you don't like it at the time ???
    Give it a few hours , it will change
    When mother nature is in Tx. she can never make her mind up :shift:

1978 Rogers
    So your saying one minute calm water the next, huricanne "Swamp The Boat".

Greaser
    Texas weather is unpredictable, but for the most part it is usually great. But it does get hot in the summer time. As far as the boating season...... last year I started in April, and quit in October.

Liberator TJ1984
    No it's more like .....wake up at 5am. 52* and foggy (freezin my ass), at noon it's 85* and sunny/ no wind ( Cookin my ass ) , at 7 pm tonight it will be around 60* w / 40% chance of rain and wind gusts up to 25mph(back to freezin my ass/ only now gettin wet too).......on a good day this cycle will happen 3 or 4 times the saying is ..If you don't like the weather right now , wait a few minutes it will change
    but 90% of the time its just a hot SOB

1978 Rogers
    Thanks for all the advise guys, I really appreciate it.

fkeys
    I visited my Dad in Waxahachie last turkeyday and the trees still had leaves!!! Mild winters for sure, but from what I hear the summers are sweltering with a bunch of bugs.
    Hey Oldbuck40 - are you in Waxahachie proper? My Dad lives out by the super-collider. :220v:

wetterwith3
    best place to go with a boat like yours is the brazos river southwest of fort worth.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast