Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living in Texas

oldbuck40
    yep there's quite a few of us on this thread that know about the brazos river!

1978 Rogers
    Mild winters for sure, but from what I hear the summers are sweltering with a bunch of bugs.
    What kind of bugs? :idea: What do you mean, "a bunch of bugs"?

oldbuck40
    What kind of bugs? :idea: What do you mean, "a bunch of bugs"?78 dont worry about the bugs! and the humidity is not real bad unless you head to far south east texas..when you come down if you have time i will pm you my cell# and we can take a short road trip around the waxahachie area maybe show you the brazos river and a few other lakes around here.

1978 Rogers
    Sounds great. I'd like that. We will be there April 9 and fly back April 16 mid morning. My folks will be driving over from Arizona. I have two aunts that live in the area. I'll make sure I can have part of a day free to see some water. If we did decide to move down, we'd certainly bring the boat.

oldbuck40
    Sounds great. I'd like that. We will be there April 9 and fly back April 16 mid morning. My folks will be driving over from Arizona. I have two aunts that live in the area. I'll make sure I can have part of a day free to see some water. If we did decide to move down, we'd certainly bring the boat.i can tell you 1 thing if you move down here you gas bill for the boat is sure gonna go up,,our season is like 3 times longer than yours,,,but you will love texas no matter where you decide to live!!!

1978 Rogers
    Whats the cost for unleaded down there? Its about $1.70 up here.

oldbuck40
    i think about 1.80 i dont really know i drive a cummins!!!

1978 Rogers
    Why isn't it cheap with all the oil wells.

rrrr
    Sounds great. I'd like that. We will be there April 9 and fly back April 16 mid morning. My folks will be driving over from Arizona. I have two aunts that live in the area. I'll make sure I can have part of a day free to see some water. If we did decide to move down, we'd certainly bring the boat.
    You are 30 minutes from Lake Lavon. Great lake, not crowded like Lewisville. PM me and I'll take you out, either in my flattie or 27' Chapparal.

oldbuck40
    because our government gets a big chunk of it. about 45 to 50 cents of the cost per gallon goes in the governments pocket as taxes... but i know what your sayin there are alot of wells around here and east texas and they will produce oil but they arent running because! the excuse is we dont want to use up our oil,we'll save it for a rainy day,,,bunch of bs if ya ask me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast