Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Jet R&D Marine, Blown 572, West Coast Style

john f2000
    WELL HOW ABOUT SOME PICS OF THE SET UP? :argue:
    Here are some shots of the pumps and motor. Video is kind of rough from the compression.
    http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...rtbroadbnd.flv

poncho-pwr
    Very Cool!!!!!!

jet4fun
    looks awesome, how fast?

john f2000
    looks awesome, how fast?
    Boat runs Mid 70's now. That is with no pump tuning. We expect to make it in the 80'w when we are done.
    The key to the boat is that it gets to 60+ in SIX seconds. It hits really hard. It takes 1 second to get on plane. That is with four people on board and a full tank. Puts you in your seat!
    Makes running the river, in the shallows by Yuma, in a big boat a lot of fun.

BOOGEYMAN
    That vid. rocks!!!!!

The only reason I would do a dual jet set up is to trailer some v-drives .
    So I almost got the old lady talked into it and some numbers or info on the set-up and how it runs would just put her over the top.
    -beerjet-

BTW . The video is amazing and the boat is beautifull . Great job !

john f2000
    The only reason I would do a dual jet set up is to trailer some v-drives .
    So I almost got the old lady talked into it and some numbers or info on the set-up and how it runs would just put her over the top.
    -beerjet-
    The Pump set up and rigging on the boat were from Harold Bruce at R&D Marine. If you pm me I can get you a number. If you get in touch with Harold you are welcome to demo the boat with him.

flat broke
    What kind of HP is that 572 pushing at WOT? A 10-71 on a 572 could be capable of 1000hp on pump gas. Not to be rude, but there are a couple 20-22' cruisers running as fast or faster with less lift in their hulls, less to equal hp, and only a single pump.
    Don't get me wrong. The boat looks nice, rigging looks solid, and 0-60 in 6 is WAAAAAY quicker than the typical outdrive setup in that boat. I'm just not sure that the performance is primarily attributed to the drive seletion, hense the reason I mentioned the other boats running similar speeds, with more drag, and im some cases at heavier weights above.
    Definitely keep us posted as the tune progresses. I"m sure that as you start to dial her in, she'll get even more impressive. If you don't mind me askin, what RPM are you spinning right now at WOT, what size are the impellers, and is there a reduction ratio in the box?
    Talk to you later,
    Chris

john f2000
    What kind of HP is that 572 pushing at WOT? A 10-71 on a 572 could be capable of 1000hp on pump gas. Not to be rude, but there are a couple 20-22' cruisers running as fast or faster with less lift in their hulls, less to equal hp, and only a single pump.
    Don't get me wrong. The boat looks nice, rigging looks solid, and 0-60 in 6 is WAAAAAY quicker than the typical outdrive setup in that boat. I'm just not sure that the performance is primarily attributed to the drive seletion, hense the reason I mentioned the other boats running similar speeds, with more drag, and im some cases at heavier weights above.
    Definitely keep us posted as the tune progresses. I"m sure that as you start to dial her in, she'll get even more impressive. If you don't mind me askin, what RPM are you spinning right now at WOT, what size are the impellers, and is there a reduction ratio in the box?
    Talk to you later,
    Chris
    You Are correct approx 1,000hp. Regarding other single pumps, I definately do not want to claim to be an expert by any means. I am mainly going off of what other owners are telling me of their experience with heavy single pump boats. But from my limited experience I can say that it accelerates harder and handles better, even at low speeds than single pump boats I have driven in the past which were a third the weight. But in theory it makes sense if you are pushing approx twice the water.
    Re RPM 45 mph at approx 3,000 and 75mph at approx 5,000. Those may be a little off, just trying to go from memory last summer. Re Impeller and reduction, dont know that but I will find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast