Thread: System suggestions

don johnson
    Need some input!
    I am assessing the system in my 33 Daytona and need some insights.
    My current system is comprised of the following and is now 3 years old;
    2 PPI Power Class PC2400 driving 4 12" Kicker L7's
    1 PPI Power Class PC4125 driving 3 sets of MB Quartz Reference seperates
    3 1 farad capacitors
    Kenwood head unit- Touch screen ( I do not know the model)
    This system has a few issues;
    1. With 4 batteries I can only run the system at high volumes for 45 minutes before the batteries have had it
    2. I would think the system would be louder then it is all things considered
    I am considering some upgrades. What would you all suggest considering what I have?

Havasu Hangin'
    I believe those PPI amps you have driving the subs are 1600 watt (2 channel) class a/b? If so, they will suck ALOT of amps (PPIs are current-hungry to begin with). I'd look into class d's, but that's my opinion.
    I'm not a big fan of the L7's...but that's more personal preference (they sound "muddy" to me).
    Just by the specs, I'd say your system is bass-heavy, so I'd look at adding at least one more pair of components- that amp can handle a 2 ohm (4 channel) load...just keep it cool. You'll instantly add 25% more power (and a few more dbs).
    Also, if your batteries are down on volts, you will notice less volume at the speakers..
    volts x amps = watts

riverbound
    On top of what HH said I would recommmend looking at doing the generator set up that a lot of peopl are running. It will be more money to begin with but in the long run it will cost you less. especially after replacing batteries after a season or two.

ROZ
    What they said plus make sure you keep that LCD touch screen headunit out of direct sunlight. Sunlight is notorious for burning in sunspots onto LCD panels...