Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World's Largest Motorcycle Manufacturer???????

TCHB
    WORLD'S LARGEST MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURER Since the early 1990s, the Chinese motorcycle industry has seen a rapid expansion. In the 1990s, China's motorcycles production grew at an average annual rate of 46 per cent. The annual production showed a sharp increase from less than 50,000 units in 1980 to 10 million in 1997 (Refer Exhibit I for growth in Chinese motorcycle population between 1983 and 1995). By 2003, China's motorcycle production was around 14 million, roughly half the world's total motorcycles production (Refer Exhibit II for leading motorcycle manufacturers in the world).

Tom Brown
    How many of those are pocket bikes?

TCHB
    The dramatic increase in the sales of Chinese motorcycles posed a threat to global leaders like Honda and Yamaha whose market share in China and nearby countries was declining rapidly . For instance, in Vietnam, Honda's market share had declined from nearly 90 per cent to only 30 per cent in the five years since Chinese manufacturers began selling motorcycles in that country. The average export price of a Chinese motorcycle had dropped from $700 in the late 1990s - when it was already several hundred dollars less than the equivalent Japanese model - to below $200 by 2003-04.
    Chongqing, a southwest China municipality, one of the major production bases for several large motorcycle manufacturing companies in China, emerged as the key location for Chinese motorcycle exports. However, the thriving Chinese motorcycle industry came under severe criticism from many parts of the world, especially Japan. The Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry statistics indicated that China produced about 11 million motorcycles in 2002, nine million of which were imitations of existing Japanese products.

TCHB
    I never paid much attention to all the Yamahooo and Hondddaaa copy bikes. I guess they have been selling them like hotcakes to US also.

ROZ
    I never paid much attention to all the Yamahooo and Hondddaaa copy bikes. I guess they have been selling them like hotcakes to US also.
    Yea, I just gave a friend a little crap for buying a redcapmotors product.. Pretty sure it's chinese.. The kid's 70 atv was like 550.00 ...

Klass Klown
    Yea, I just gave a friend a little crap for buying a redcapmotors product.. Pretty sure it's chinese.. The kid's 70 atv was like 550.00 ... GIT what ya pay for.

TCHB
    If you look at History I can remember no one wanted a Japanese product!!

mbrown2
    If you look at History I can remember no one wanted a Japanese product!!
    Exactly, but the Japanese got better and produced a better and cheaper bike and now most Americans state wholeheartedly Ride Red, or Buy a Yamaha Rhino versus some Polaris made 2x2..
    The Chinese are just beating the Japanese as the Japanese beat the Americans....produce like goods at a cheaper cost....Once they get the Quality part down that it is in the neighborhood of the Japanese Bikes you can bet they will dominate here as well......Just look at the 50 market.....Honda XR50's will be a blip on the map compared to the Chinese 50's within 12 months..
    Remember this name....Linovo! They purchased IBM's Computer and Laptop Thinkpad/Thinkdesk line in the last year....They are the largest computer manufacture in China.....this is their first dive into the American market with their brand of products....they have been making the Thinkpad's for years under the IBM logo....Now they have their brand. They will be a force to reckon with for Dell and HP in the states within 18-24 months.

TCHB
    Look at this 800cc off road buggy!!!!!!!!! $7500
    http://www.fotma.com/admin/eWebEdito...0814582770.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast