Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Blown 472
    Why would you be surprised? That whitey would vote for a black female?
    Yup

Poster X
    It's not a race issue. I don't think she's qualified for the job she has now. Why would I want to promote her to President?

SmokinLowriderSS
    It's not a race issue. I don't think she's qualified for the job she has now. Why would I want to promote her to President?
    Then do enlighten all us non-thinkers as to just what qualifications are required to be Secretary of State.

Blown 472
    PX, I'm not sure anyone is ever qualified for that job. I also do not believe that our founding fathers meant for the "presidency" to morph into what is has become today or they would not have set it up the way it is. The same with the supreme court. I guess if you are basically a bullsh*t artist, with a massive desire to try and control others and an ego so large that you think you could make a difference-> and be so ignorant that you believed it, then go for it.
    The only way I'd vote for this "no-load idiot" would be totally dependant upon "who or what" ran against him. The lesser of 2 evils. He is every bit as bad as his father was with bending (I'm being kind) the truth so it fits his own agenda. He is a vindictive small person that has basically turned his back on his own country in pursuit of what history will portray him as. He is nothing nmore than a traitor that deserves impeachment moreso than Clinton ever did.
    I'd be more inclined to support a "non-politician" than a political *****. That's basically how Ronnie Reagan was perceived.
    Rio
    Ding, now the nut swingers will jump in.

Poster X
    Then do enlighten all us non-thinkers as to just what qualifications are required to be Secretary of State.
    Well, it's a pretty tough job. I guess Kissinger set the bar pretty high? Since then maybe Haig? The Secretary of State needs a firm grasp on (not just our foreign policy) but the foregn policy of other nations. The skills to communicate and negotiate within the boundaries of that knowledge. I would think (in this day and age) a person would need to start with an appointment such as Ambassador (especially in a tough place like say..Korea?) and then work their way up the ladder of interior politics from there. Even Madeline Albright did an okk job but who knows how she'd do under these circumstances. The world will not heal if the next President is only an extension of the past one. A person of reasonable intellect could convincingly argue that "Dubya's" tenure was possibly the worst in history? A member of his team cannot lead. Things would only get worse. Partisan politics will probably elect a Rice or even a Rumsfeld? Maybe even a Jeb? But, I think it's time to derobotize ourselves and seek balance in the government while we still can. One more tenure like this one and this country will not survive. It's possible we may not survive this one. Like I said, I'd vote for Donald Duck at this point. Anything to restore peace and the industrialization of America.

redneckcharlie
    i'm just curious, have any of you leftwing liberals ever actually thought how difficult it would be to do any of these political jobs. i'm talking from secretary of state up through the presidency. i don't care which party someone wants to support. but all the monday morning quarterback bs and shit slinging gets a little old. if you can't come up with a decent suggestion on how to make things better or just change things, then shut the fxxk up! but, that would take effort, and its sooooo much easier to sit around and complain! :yuk:

So who do you guys think will run in the primaries for both democrat and republican? And then which would you vote for out of that group if the final election was held today and why?
    I'm not a stout supporter of Bush by any means but he was the best choice that day IMO (of those who had any chance to win).

Poster X
    I dunno? I'd of voted for Dole either time. I never understood how the GOP would pick Bush over him? That's why I think Ronnie would turn over in his grave. This IS NOT the GOP he and Nixon made great. It's just some guys using the name.
    On the Rep side I'd of voted for Dole again. It's probably too late for him? He's made some party mistakes since Iraq and he's what now...ninety? Don't know Maybe he could redeem himself like Powell if he made a stand? BTW, Powell made a great Secretary of State.
    There was a time when I thought Barack Obama could be a contender. Here lately he's made it a "Black thing" which I think is unnecessary. Reminds of of Chris Rock turning "blacker." It wasn't needed, after all, he is black, and had the black vote anyway. I'd maybe go for Guilliani at this point? (If he ran.)
    Hillary doesn't stand a chance so that would be tossing a vote away.
    Not everyone is a "left wing liberal" that votes left. There are times when you have to turn a "little left" to "center the right." Extreme either way is dangerous. We are so extreme right now, Falwell looks like a centrist.
    The dems best chance is to rerun Kerry. The flip-flopping issue is what got him. Had I been his advisor I would have used it as an advantage. Instead, he tried to deny it. Better to embrace it.
    If Powell ran independant...he'd win.

572Daytona
    I would vote for him again. As I see it the major issues during his administration were the terrorist attacks and the recession that he inherited from Clinton and made much worse by the attacks. On both issues I think he's done well. We've had no terrorist attacks in this country (and I don't think that is due to the benevolence of the terrorists) and the economy is doing well despite the rise in gas prices.
    I wish he could have addressed social security, but personally I don't see any congressman doing anything to change anything with SS, not while there is so large of a baby boomer voting block at social security age. My biggest concern at this point is that we get some liberal in the office that chokes the economy again with tax increases or even worse, opens the door for more domestic terror by taking the ACLU view on civil liberties. Fortunately it looks like the same old tired democratic companions will be running again, i.e. Kerry, Gore, Sharpton so hopefully this won't come to pass

Old Texan
    George Allen of VA. Levelheaded and a proven leader. US Senate and former Governor.
    I'm personally more concerned with the deadbeat "lifers" in the House and Senate. They reek far more havoc with our country than any President.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast